Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading networkinfrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and educationnetworks across the globe.
This is an entry/mid level position.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Signal Processing Team and will be involved in the modeling, testing, and verification of DSP algorithms in current and next generation high speed optical modems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and implement DSP model (Matlab/C/C++/CatapultC) verification strategies and workflows.
- Write test plans and test schedules based on modem releaseschedule.
- Design verification environments in both C/C++ and Matlab: Create stimulus-, monitor-, and scoreboard functions.
- Write test-benches (Matlab/googletest) for block- and system level DSP models that meet required code coverage metrics.
- Automate test regressions using Jenkins.
- Create automated regression reports and stats (Jenkins/Confluence/HTML).
- Define and use database to store regression results and verification performance metrics.
- Analyze coverage reports and regression results, debug test cases in collaboration with design engineers.
- Interface and collaborate with h/w-, f/w-, e/o-, systems- and lab teams.
- Provide feedback/suggestions on existing designs; contribute ideas to improve design procedures.
- Experience in verification of large (optical) modem models including DSP, FEC, EO, and optical fiber.
- Good understanding of digital communication theory, signal processing (filters, equalizers, FFT), optical fiber impairments, and control systems.
- Expert knowledge of verification best practices and workflows.
- Experience with automated regression flows and tools.
- Programming skills: Must have Matlab/C++, and Python experience. SystemC, CatapultC, Verilog, HTML, as well as experience with ReST API would be an asset.
- Tools: Must have Jenkins, googletest (or similar test framework), django (or similar database framework) experience. Development environment: Linux, Git, Clearcase.
- Documentation/office tools: Confluence, Jira, MS Office.
- Proven debugging- and problem solving skills.
- Team player
- Detail oriented
- Sense of humor
- Post-graduate degree in Physics or Engineering with focus on digital hardware, communication- and/or control systems.
Job Location Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Position Type Full-Time/Regular Salary 0.00 - 0.00 CAD
Tracking Code R005442