Ciena Corporation, the network specialist, offers leading networkinfrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice. Our portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable our customers to change the way they compete. Our solutions form the foundation of many of the largest, most reliable and sophisticated service provider, enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
This is a mid-level position.
The successful candidate(s) will be part of the Signal Processing Team and will be involved with the design verification and the lab testing of DSP engines for coherent optical modems.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define and implement DSP model (Matlab/C/C++/CatapultC) verification strategies and workflows.
- Collaborate with DSP design and verification team to define and execute test plans during the modelling phase of a development program.
- Analyze regression results, debug test failures in collaboration with design engineers.
- Provide feedback/suggestions on existing designs; contribute ideas to improve design procedures.
- Lab work: collaborate with DSP design team to define lab integration test plans and analyze optical transmission results.
- Run optical regression setups (optical noise loading systems, configurable optical impairment tests, experimental link setups).
- Develop and support various integration scripts written in Matlab to test the optical modem.
- Perform functional verification of DSP features during the lab integration phase of a development program.
- Interface and collaborate with h/w-, f/w-, e/o-, systems- and lab teams.
- Understanding of optical systems, components, device physics, error analysis, and statistics.
- Expertise in laboratory measurement, test, and verification.
- Expert knowledge of optical- and RF/microwave test equipment and usage (PMD/PDL emulators, polarization controllers, optical filters, lasers, OSA, oscilloscopes, etc.).
- Knowledge of optical- and RF/microwave components and instruments suppliers.
- Good understanding of digital communication theory, signal processing, and control systems.
- Strong lab debugging- and problem solving skills.
- Programming skills: must have Matlab, C++/C, and Python experience. HTML, as well as experience with REST API would be an asset.
- Development environment: Linux, Git, Clearcase, Windows.
- Documentation/office tools: Confluence, Jira, MS Office.