Req Id: 113690
The Signal Integrity Research and Development (SI R&D) team supports all of Micron’s current and future product developments. Major product technologies developed at Micron include DRAM, LPDRAM, RLDRAM, NAND, HBM, HMC, 3DXP, managed NAND and SSDs within the consumer, server, mobile, networking, graphics, automobile and embedded businesses. The SI R&D works on analysis of end to end systems solutions including but not limited to circuit level, integrated circuit (IC) packages, printed circuit boards (PCBs) and measurements to ensure good Signal Integrity (SI) and power integrity (PI) performance for Micron’s memory solutions. The team owns all steps of the signal and power integrity support process including die and package model generation, product performance analysis, system-level SI evaluation, measurement, correlation, and customer support. The team also supports future specification development within several industry standards groups including but not limited to JEDEC, ONFI, and IBIS. The group working environment is technically challenging, team-oriented, collaborative and customer-centric.
As a Senior Signal Integrity Engineer at Micron, you will be responsible for leading the design and analysis of high speed (HS) memory interfaces and power distribution networks (PDN). You will alternate through different product development teams for a period of time, leading out in SI/PI development to ensure product electrical performance through modeling, simulation, analysis, and correlation of the product at hand. You will be responsible for representing the SI R&D team and integrating with package design, silicon design, product engineering, and marketing departments to ensure overall product performance. You will also be expected to contribute to future standards development efforts through system and product electrical capability exploration. Additional responsibilities include external customer support and group methodology development.
Successful candidates for this position will have:
- BSEE w/ 8 years minimum relevant industry experience (or equivalent degrees)
- Required courses covering electromagnetic, transmission line and RF theory, analog design or similar fields of study or experience.
- Required experience and working knowledge of E.M. field solvers (quasi-static and full wave), time and frequency domain simulation tools like Q3D, SIWAVE, HFSS, HSPICE, ADS, etc..
- Solid understanding of electromagnetic and transmission line theory, general I/O design, signal integrity, differential and single-ended interface technologies.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout or electrical package design techniques.
- Experienced in design and analysis of high-speed single-ended or differential buses
- Familiarity and fundamental understanding of lab measurement equipment like Oscilloscopes, TDR, Vector Network Analyzer (VNA), etc.
- Familiarity with statistical analysis and equivalent tools (example: JMP) is also beneficial
- Self-motivated - candidate should enjoy leading and taking ownership of assigned projects, exhibit good written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to work well in a diverse team environment.
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices. Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || DEG (DRAM Engineering Group) || Experienced || Regular || Engineering || #LI-MP1 ||
Nearest Major Market: Boise
Nearest Secondary Market: Meridian
Job Segment: Electrical, Engineer, Product Development, Statistics, Engineering, Research, Data