We have been retained by one of the top infrastructure company and is seeking a Signal and Communications Manager to join their team. We are looking for the best and brightest for this Signal and Communications Manager position in the San Mateo, CA area. You will love the location, the people, the company, the work, the cost of living, the compensation and the quality of life.
Is this you??? – Signal & Communications Manager
- A minimum of ten (10) years of progressively responsible experience in Commercial Construction Project Management
- Five years or more of direct supervisory experience related to Sub Contractor Management
- Must possess excellent communication, writing, and computer literacy skills
- Must have the ability to complete work under time pressures and to maintain composure under the stress of emergency situations
- Must have the ability to perform scheduled and unscheduled systems work at any time on any day of the week
- Must pass a pre-employment drug test
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills and demonstrate the ability to interact with a variety of public agency officials, other contractors, and with the general public in accordance with the Authority’s protocol for contractors
- Experience with Cost projection, financial analysis, budget reviews, labor reports
- Experience with other construction application(s)
- Signal and Telecom Design and Build Installation background, helpful for this role, but not required
- Local qualified candidates, highly encouraged to apply
Signal and Communications Manager Summary
The primary role of the Signal and Communications Manager is to provide supervision of installation, testing and cutover of the PCEP signal system modifications. As many of the PCEP signal system modifications will be performed by either union employees (without sufficient railroad experience), or subcontractors, it is essential for the Signal Manager supervise this work. This role includes, but is not limited to: quality assurance of installation, design coordination, overseeing production, project schedule, support of track access, testing, witnessing of testing, and cutover planning/support.
- Provide leadership of Signal Managers, Field Engineers & Construction Superintendents.
- Manage the Supervision and coordination of Signal System Installation Subcontractor – Modern Railway Systems.
- Coordinate the construction production, cost and schedule with the lead.
- Reviewing the contract, subs and SOP. Ensure we are incompliance for modifying, upgrading and testing of equipment and systems.
- Identifies, performs, ensure the appropriate documents and procedure are in line with the scheduling reequipments operational tests of systems to ensure compliance with regulatory and Authority requirements.
- Provide engineering support to the Contractor’s key staff and Authority.
- Address safety related issues to ensure a safe work environment.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature.
Permanent U.S. work authorization required; current and/or future sponsorship is not available.