The Target Analyst Reporter prioritizes, assesses, evaluates and reports information obtained from passive and active collection, network evaluation and analysis, combined with related collateral sources when appropriate to provide synthesized product to customers. The Target Analyst Reporter writes reports which may require significant editing; may require assistance in determining reportability of an activity; requires assistance in locating reportable information (i.e. can only run basic queries or may require raw information to be provided); may require assistance in determining the focus of report; is familiar with basic SIGINT reporting policies; may require familiarization with SIGINT and collateral report repositories to conduct research that would enhance reporting the ability to pull information from multiple sources and combine it into reports/products in response to requests by management and external customers.
Salary based on experience level
TS/SCI w/ CI Poly (must be willing to receive FS Poly within 1 year)
• At least 8 years demonstrated experience at NSA Headquarters, or its Extended Enterprise
• At least 2 of the years experience must have been within the last 5 years
• Experience at NSA, or its extended enterprise in drafting and/or editing for release finished, serialized SIGINT product reports
• Ability to author reports based off simple traffic or a limited amount of traffic
• Knowledgeable of various technologies and/or topics to identify analytic vectors.
• Experienced in the principles and methods of exploiting foreign communications and communication systems to identify, collect, analyze process and disseminate SIGINT information in accordance with established requirements and priorities.
• Experienced in the use of software applications and databases associated with SIGINT report writing and target development.
• Familiar with more advanced SIGINT reporting policies, e.g. the use of STI, unusual tearlines, Post-Publication actions, RFIs, etc.
• Familiar with SIGINT and collateral report repositories and demonstrates incorporating independent research to enhance reporting.
• Prepare and perform preliminary edits of reports to meet both short term and long-term intelligence needs in accordance with existing Government guidance, procedures, formats, and protocols, as established in the customer office, for final review and release by Government personnel
• Conduct reviews of reporting including quality of reports, make recommendations for creative ways to improve training, production, and editorial processes
• Conduct long-term in-depth analytical reviews of various targets; prepare reports for review and release by Government personnel
• Ensure that reports and all products submitted are accurate and completed in accordance with NSA defined long-term deadlines and ad hoc short-term deadlines
• Review published material, select highlights for internal dissemination, database information as appropriate
• As a part of the National SIGINT Requirements Process, monitor new Information Needs (INs), enter them into the appropriate database, delete expired INs, and coordinate Level-Of-Effort statements for release by Government personnel
• Prepare and present select target and/or mission situational updates and status reports on results of research and analysis to SIGINT customers when approved by Government mission personnel