The ideal individual is an experienced professional who is a team player, loves working in a collaborative environment, invests in the future of cybersecurity, and is hungry to grow our premier education experience at our London Campus. This instructor is responsible for preparation, instruction, and engagement with Flatiron School students.
You will create, fine-tune and execute a dynamic applied Cyber Security curriculum to build the next generation of entry-level professionals. This role reports to the Senior Education Manager and works in close association with the Curriculum and Education Operation team.
- Working closely with our corporate Curriculum & Product teams to maintain and update our classroom content
- Mentoring and sharing feedback to our students
- Creating a safe and collaborative environment where students understand that helping their peers betters their own experience.
- Leveraging passion as a force for motivation by sharing what you are passionate about with your students and working those topics into lesson plans as appropriate.
- Embracing change and thrive in ambiguity by helping students and staff with real time efforts, like grading a student's project or assignment, while devoting time and effort to developing the macro learning plan.
- Preparing your own lectures but anticipating last minutes changes based on the class' progress and learning goals.
- Integrating feedback from team members on progress of class to set pacing and determine tactical interventions.
- Use feedback from students gathered via class surveys to greatly exceed the minimum bar.
- Empower others to succeed by conducting interviews for instructors and students for future cohorts.
- Provide feedback to team members by conducting weekly 1 on 1s and over-communicating on a daily basis.
- Build for scale by planning, writing, and delivering lectures in accordance with the progress and pace of the class.
Logs and Detection required skills:
- 5 + years experience as a Technical Trainer
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to evaluate the effectiveness of training programs and learning outcomes
- Experience with SIEM, System/Application Monitoring, or Performance Tools
- Ability to speak to numerous SIEM products at a deeper technical level (i.e. LogRhythm, SPLUNK, and Elk Stack)
- Security training experience
- Strong coaching skills and ability to support a variety of learning styles
- Exceptional customer service and promotional abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Innate understanding of business processes
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience