Private Store Category (Operations) Manager:
As a Private Store Category Manager at HP Shopping, you are responsible for managing the Pricing, Promotions and Life Cycle of a multi-category product assortment created in private e-commerce stores to grow Revenue, Margin and Customer Loyalty with targeted customers and customer segments.
You will be a member of the Product Category team, which is responsible for driving HP Shopping’s business performance for Consumer and Commercial PC & Print products, supplies, and accessories.
Preferred location is in Boise, ID. Palo Alto, CA is an alternate possibility.
- Full responsibility for Private Store revenue, margin and customer sat ship-to-order, build-to-order and configure-to-order products.
- Aligns negotiated product offering with target customer segment, considering market trends, competitive landscape, customer requirements and category financial health.
- Acts as the cross-functional partner with sub-category product leads and cross-functional counterparts.
- Manages NPI, Deployment, QA and Life Cycle of the negotiated assortment for each Private Store to ensure that each Store Assortment meets or exceeds customer, category and cross-functional requirements.
- Coordinates new product launches with sub-category leads and sets promotional plans for each Private Store.
- Drives sales and margin on a real-time basis, incl. upsell and cross-sell of components, accessories and services, applying sophisticated analytics
- Engages closely with marketing and merchandizing to bring product to life
- Maintains sales forecasting to manage inventory.
Capabilities and Experience
- Deep domain expertise in category management
- Passion for technology, understanding of underlying PC & Print technologies
- Strong customer advocacy and understanding, awareness of tech trends
- In-depth knowledge of marketing elements (product, pricing, promotion, positioning)
- Understanding of eCommerce and a direct sales environment
- Highly analytical and structured, comfortable with sophisticated data analysis
- Track record of producing measurable results
- Thriving in fast-pace environment with real-time decision making
- Strong financial and analytical skills, understanding of P&L drivers
- Demonstrated ability to influence and persuade; strong team player
- Extraordinary drive, confidence, risk taking; positive, “can-do” personality
Bachelor’s degree and 3-8 years related experience, or Master’s degree and 2-5 years related experience
Job ID 3021785