We’re looking for a unique individual to blend both creativity and analysis to drive profitability through promotional strategy on our consumer goods portfolio focusing on Pet products. The Shopper Marketing Manager will be adapting national brand strategies into shopper programs that maximize profitability and ROI for Spectrum while being a key strategic advisor for our customers in the Pet Key Account space – Walmart, PetSmart, Petco and Pet Supplies Plus.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Channel/Retailer Program Management
- Analyze channel specific sales trends and communicate this to the Sales Leads and at customer meetings
- Key participant in Key Account Line Reviews
- Complete a sales analysis and make assortment or item replacement recommendations
- Analyzes market data, channel insights and program performance to influence future programming and assortment strategy.
- Facilitate cohesive trade and pricing strategy across different customer channels and within product segments.
- Execute yearly Trade Marketing plan based on marketing programs within retail calendar.
- Own development and execution of all channel/account specific promotions
- Plan execution of all multi-channel consumer promotions
- Displays / POP
- Account specific advertising and shopper engagement
- TPR discounts / Store specific promotions
- Leverage promotional synergies across customers within the channels where appropriate
- Complete post-promotion evaluations to gauge success with respect to sales, profit, ROI
- Retailer advocate within Spectrum HQ
- Relay market conditions and customer position on pricing, product assortment, promotions, etc.
- Represent Sales at internal meetings to express their point of view
- As an expert on the account, be ready to explain their dynamics to gain alignment on initiatives
- Brand Strategy execution at retailer level
- Ensure all channel specific activities align with Brand Architecture/Strategies
- Adapt and execute channel strategy to deliver shopper-centric solutions that achieve Brand and corporate goals.
Education and Experience Profile
- Bachelor’s degree in business management, data analysis, marketing, mathematics, or related area.
- Minimum of three (3-5) years of experience in an analytical role (category management, sales analysis, marketing support)
- Minimum of two (2) year of marketing or sales related experience within a Consumer Packaged Goods environment required.
- Minimum of two (2) years prior experience in a retail customer facing role calling on or presenting to buyers/category managers/store managers.
- Has a consultant approach – applies industry knowledge, thinks creatively and demonstrates shopper centric thinking to apply synergies with a retailer’s goals of category growth.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong customer and action orientation with a drive for results.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at a functional level.
- Must have a very strong skill set in the use of Microsoft Office with proven knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Word.
- Strong knowledge of syndicated data (IRI or Nielsen)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to work independently and be a self-starter within a team setting.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and manage results with others.
- Ability to handle a variety of tasks and situations in a calm and effective manner.
- Attention to detail and technical learning capacity.
Job # US09670