Summary of Role
Shopper Marketing is an integral component of our 360֯ integrated marketing approach, driving category and share growth with our top retailers through insight-driven strategies and proactive go-to-market solutions. Elevating our strategic partnerships with each of our retailer partners is the goal.
The Shopper Marketing Manager is the strategic thought-leader and go-to-market brand expert for all of our channels (Grocery, Natural, Convenience/Drug and Food Service), managing the development and implementation of unique shopper marketing platforms that achieve customer, brand, and shopper objectives for Organic Valley, Organic Prairie and Mighty Organic. They are responsible for creating best-in-class, shopper-centric activations grounded in consumer and retail insights and opportunity identification through a full understanding of our DSMP process (distribution, pricing, shelving, and merchandising) that align to national brand strategies and campaigns.
This role will collaborate cross-functionally with Sales, Marketing, Finance, eCommerce and Operations, taking responsibility and ownership in delivering strong sales and financial results for CROPP and its retail customers.
Acting as a champion for Shopper Marketing, this role will proactively build organizational energy, understanding and enthusiasm behind the power and capabilities of Shopper Marketing and Sales and Marketing alignment. An ideal candidate for this position is someone with an entrepreneurial mindset who has the ability to be extremely flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment, is a driver who has the confidence to build strong relationships with top retailers, and who collaborates effectively in a cross-functional team setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage account-specific shopper marketing platforms from inception to fruition by working with Sales, E-Commerce, Customer Development, and Marketing partners, etc., to ensure national strategy is executed at the retail level
• Understand customer strategies and analyze shopper/consumer insights and retail trends to identify key opportunities and provide actionable recommendations to primary stakeholders for annual plans that support CROPP's financial goals and brand objectives
• Partner with Sr. Promotions Marketing Manager to develop comprehensive Promotion and Shopper Marketing integrated plans, including new product sell-ins, distribution retention, and national programs that achieve household penetration goals, velocity goals, and incremental merchandising to build brand equity and category growth
• Develop strong, collaborative partnerships with key retailer marketing contacts, leading co-creation sessions to recommend future strategy, innovation and white space growth opportunities through retailer/shopper insights
• In partnership with the Sales team, lead development, implementation, and execution of strategy at retail through planning, performance-based budgeting, and regular collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure seamless in-store/online integration and execution
• Monitor and analyze program performance metrics and effectively communicate key findings of programs to Sales and other cross-functional teams, proactively addressing gaps and turning analysis into action to help grow the business
• Steward and continuously improve our go-to-market technology platforms, tools, processes and work flow, ensuring the sales/customer voice is considered, all centered on a deep understanding of the customer and the shopper journey.
• Engage Marketing team with Sales and retailer feedback and perspective to guide brand strategy and product development
• Manage the development of promotional materials with internal teams and ensure proper execution at retail such as creative implementation for retail-specific programs/events
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor and Management Team.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• Four-year undergraduate degree in Business or Marketing (preferred)
• Minimum of 4-6 years of experience in Shopper Marketing, Trade Marketing, or Customer Development
• Experience in the CPG industry either on the client or agency side, food preferred
• Proven knowledge of broker, distributor, and retail grocery customers across the Grocery, Natural, Convenience/Drug and E-Commerce trades
• Proven data analysis experience and skills (Nielsen, IRI, SPINS) with the ability to turn data into insights and identify new opportunities to grow the business
• Experience managing a budget and comfortable challenging and optimizing marketing investments with internal stakeholders and third-party vendors to maximize overall spending efficiency
• Self-sufficient and able to operate effectively without close supervision
• Excellent communications skills - written, oral, email, presentations
• Ability to function effectively in a cross-functional team and influence others without authority
• Demonstrate highly developed project management skills and exceptional organizational and planning skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Strong customer service skills
• Exceptional computer skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word), presentation development
• Flexibility to travel as needed (25%)