Shop Manager for Construction Equipment and Fleet
General Engineeringconstruction company is seeking a Shop Manager to provide support to daily construction activities. The Shop Manager’s primary responsibility is for the operation of the main shop and its employees, maintaining records and compliance with various government entities. The individual must have common sense, the ability to multi-task in a fast – paced environment and stay organized.
· Management/Supervisory experience
· Strong organizational and communication skills
· Mechanical background
· Background in heavy construction equipment and maintenance - helpful
· Familiar with MS Office and Excel. Knowledge of Manager+ software, a plus
RESPONSIBLITIES TO INCLUDE –
· Scheduling, instruct and monitor all mechanics.
· Maintain a safe work environment in the shop and yard.
· Assist in equipment safety, proper operation and maintenance.
· Monitor equipment parts inventory.
· Maintain equipment/vehicle files, records and logs.
· Perform and conduct all pertinent shop safety and training meetings.