Miller Brother Staffing is looking for a Machine Shop Manager /CNC Programmer for a company based in Harmony Pa. Pay is based on experience.
- Generate CNC programs to machine required products.
- Review job costs in the Machine Shop
- Maintain log of all CNC programs.
- Verify program (1st piece inspection).
- Ensure timely production based on interactions and feedback with Production Supervisor.
- Instruct/train machine shop employees to operate the various mills and lathes.
- Establish machining times/estimates on new products/projects.
- Coordinate outside machining services as required.
- Review and evaluate future equipment needs.
- Fully and successfully implement all new equipment to achieve proper payback.
- Establish and maintain preventative maintenance schedule for all machine shop equipment and coordinate program with Maintenance Department.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and improve the procedures for managing tooling requirements.
- Proficient in programming CNC Lathes and Mills (5 and 6 axis) using Mastercam and macros.
- Possess strong leadership qualities with hourly employees
- Save cost by utilizing better tooling, machine cycles, & machining practices
- Ability to design required fixtures to aid in setup and clamping of parts.
- Ability to estimate and monitor machining times.
- Proficiency in interpreting and understanding engineering drawings.
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve machining problems.
- Ability to instruct and train employees to operate all CNC equipment.
- Must be able to help direct and answer questions from CNC operators.
- Computer experience to generate CNC programs is required.
- Technical drawing and documentation viewing, reading, writing, and printing skills.
- Understanding of ISO9001 quality control system procedures and requirements.
- Ability to use Microsoft Excel and Word software.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience of CNC programming and machining.
- Management experience in a machine shop environment required.
- College or Technical School Degreepreferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
- Technical drawing and documentation reading and writing skills training.
- ISO quality control system training.