Ships Acquisition Lead
15+ years experience •
We are looking for a leader of a team of people supporting the PMS 325 PAPM in the Acquisition of a new Auxiliary Ship program. Our team will include acquisition, financial, engineering, test and eval, and logistical experts. You will be embedded with our customer's team in the Washington Navy Yard, recommending decisions and positions to decision makers in PMS 325. We are starting a multi-year ship acquisition program, and need leaders who can help prepare acquisition documentation (acquisition strategy, requirements documents, contract materials), ship schedules and briefs, and help provide oversight to shipyard products during construction and acceptance. As the representative lead of our team, you must have excellent people and communication skills, in addition to the desired technical knowledge.
THIS IS NOT AN IT or SOFTWARE POSITION
The Ideal candidate will have contacts and experience with NAVSEA Engineering, PEO Ships, Military Sealift Command, American Bureau of Shipping Steel Vessel Rules, SUPSHIP, and the shipbuilding industry.
- Senior leader with 20+ Years of Experience in Navy, either as an officer, civilian, or support contractor
- 5-7 years specifically in Navy Ship Acquisition Experience
- BS required, BS in Engineering Desired
- DAWIA Certification in Program Management or PMP Certification
- Secret Security Clearance