Section 2 - Key Responsibilities
- Provide training, and Management of shipping and receiving associates.
- Maintain inventory accuracy through cycle counting and physical inventories for all warehouses in the department.
- Control inventory by ensuring that all procedures and policies are being followed by associates, both in the physical handling of the product, and in the data entry related to departmental functions.
- Meet daily shipping receiving requirements by organizing and monitoring daily plan with associates.
- Schedule time frames for special projects to completed and ensure that they are met.
- Schedule trucking companies for freight pick up over the phone and or through the Internet as required per shipment ensuring the best rate possible.
- Ensure that all carriers meet KPTI shipping requirements, follow up when needed and resolve issues as they arise.
- Perform all administrative duties relating to direct reportassociates, scheduling and problem resolution with in the departments.
- Ensure that the highest level of service is being provided to the customers, and the outside departments supported by the shipping departments.
- Motivate department personnel to perform their duties at peak levels.
- Responsible for all aspects within the department including project management, staffing and budgeting.
- Responsible for releasing manufacturing work orders for materials, tools and reconfigurations as required.
- Responsible for receiving all tools from manufacturing and stocking in proper location.
- Physically distribute shipments in a timely and accurate manner, according to consignee’s instructions.
- Provide support to Business Units, customers, and otherinternal departments regarding shipment tracing and inventory control.
- Ensure that freight costs are kept to a minimum through effective traffic management.
- Maintain processes and procedures to ensure effective, accurate handling of goods in and out of department.
- Ensure that all packages are received into the system the same day and that all packages are shipped daily.
- Develop processes to streamline and improve functions and activities in the receiving department
- Drive components of cost, quality, and efficiency by identifying and implementing process improvements
Section 3 - Core Competencies
- Acceptance of personal responsibility and accountability for actions and decisions while maintaining honesty and Integrity.
- Leads by example and considers the impact of behavior and decisions on others.
- Takes responsibility seriously, but not self (fun and humor).
- Demonstrates a respect for the individuals of the company as well as the community created therein.
- Fosters open and honest communication throughout the company
- Creates and environment which celebrates both, personal and professional achievements.
- Embraces challenges and looks to capitalize on the opportunities for improvement.
- Commitment to the fair and equitable development of the individuals within the community.
- Works to ensure decision and actions taken have a positive impact on the local environmental and community, which they affect.
- Develops strategies and plans that clearly reflect the company vision.
- Identifies new opportunities and is alert to new techniques, technology, and approaches.
- Make decisions based off external business conditions.
- Takes chances with measured probability of success.
Building Relationships and Communication
- Actively listens and acts on the opinions and ideas of others.
- Drives consensus across organization.
- Inspires and motivates those around to achieve both, personal and professional growth.
- Effectively communicates mission, vision, values and direction of company.
- Analyze services and quality procedures to identify gaps and take corrective action.
- Conceptualize the underlying causes of problems and drives to continuously improve products and services.
- Develops consistent and practical solutions that benefit entire organization.
Implementing and Initiative
- Actively seeks to implement appropriate changing technology, processes and methodologies throughout the company.
- Delegates responsibility while maintaining accountability.
- Establishes systems to track company performance in meeting global objectives.
Section 4 – Experience
- Minimum of 7years warehouse and inventory control experience
- Able to lift 30 pounds
- Forklift certified
- Must have good communication, writing and computer skills (excel, word, Outlook) required.