Shipping / Logistics Manager
Hirsh Industries, LLC manufactures and supplies filing, storage, and organization products for personal and commercial use. Hirsh has had an aggressive growth strategy through investment and expansion both organically as well as through acquisitions. Hirsh’s current product categories include commercial grade vertical, lateral, and pedestal file cabinets, small office/home office file cabinets, free standing storage shelving units, filing accessories, and other related items. Hirsh prides itself on providing quality products which represent outstanding value to end-users, supply chain excellence, and world class customer service. Hirsh Industries’ corporate headquarters are located in West Des Moines, Iowa, with state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities in Dover, Delaware, and Mexicali, Mexico.
Shipping/Traffic Job Description:
Hirsh Industries is looking for an individual to manage our Traffic/Warehouse operation to maximize product on-time delivery and customer satisfaction. They will lead the Traffic Organization and provide direction to the Shipping Warehouse Manager to lead the department to better, faster and stronger processes.
• Provide bearing and initiative to the Traffic Office group and Warehouse group to guarantee the every day, on-time and appropriate shipment of item by means of cargo transporters and UPS/Fed Ex trucks.
• Develop and break down the general objectives and measurements of the Shipping Department and ceaselessly work towards change.
• Develop and keep up transportation and conveyance systems to expand conveyance proficiency. Research proper conveyance strategies to limit conveyance costs and amplify consumer loyalty.
• Lead the usage group for the Warehouse Management System.
• Responsible for the completed products stock and cycle numbers forms.
• Liaison amongst Dover and Corporate Traffic and Customer Service to guarantee division objectives and goals and in addition client needs are met.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field of study.
- Minimum of 5 years of management experience leading a Warehouse environment.
- Extensive knowledge of LTL and flatbed carrier requirements.
- Extensive knowledge of automated Warehouse Management system.
- Proficient with MS Office and SAP.
- Understand Lean initiatives.
- Must have ability to obtain a Forklift license.
In addition to the above, the perfect candidate is a person who works well within a team while being independent, thrives in a fast-paced environment, has excellent communication skills, is quality driven, and takes a “whatever it takes” hands-on approach to achieving company goals.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dover, DE
- Management: 5 years
- Shipping/Logistics: 3 years
- Warehouse Management System: 1 year