- Overall responsibilities to ensure safe and reliable Control Room operations and functions. In an operational manner, supervises all Control Room activities.
- Coordinates all switching and clearing functions between the Distribution Operations Center supervisors and the Switching Dispatchers, including field resource allocation.
- Analyze system disturbances, makes decisions, complies with directives and initiates timely and appropriate real-time corrective actions in collaboration with the Regional Transmission, Organization, Reliability Coordinator, Balancing Authority, Transmission Operator or successor during normal and emergency situations including, but not limited to: shedding firm load for preventing or relieving real-time overloads, isolating faulty equipment, minimizing interruptions, and re-establishing serviceable equipment, without obtaining approval from higher personnel to maintain the reliability of the Transmission System.
- Approve the removal from service of equipment for maintenance or construction as conditions permit in order to maintain stability and reliability on the entire electrical system.
- Supervises switching done by Switching Dispatchers on the transmission and sub-transmission systems. Supervise Switching Dispatchers during critical operating problems and apprentices during their training period.
- Responsible for direct communication and interaction with the RTO. Responsible for maintaining Control Room compliance with all RTO, FERC and NERC standards.
- Fully responsible for developing, scheduling, and implementing all Apprentice Dispatcher training.
Education Required: Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent Operations experience, plus five (5) or more years’ experience in construction or operations. Must attain and maintain Regional Transmission Organization (if required) certification and NERC certification. Thorough knowledge of the DLCO safety rules and regulations. Understanding of the Collective Bargaining Agreement.