Shift Operations Manager
- Manage Shift Staff in SWPF operations including operational mode changes and\ adjustments required to meet production goals
- Manage compliance with all TSR and environmental permit requirements
- Implement Emergency Response actions for the SWPF
- Supervise packaging, classification, and interim storage of secondary wastes generated by the SWPF and coordinate transportation to other SRS or to offsite facilities for final disposition
- Assume line management responsibility for nuclear facility management ISMS implementation in plant operations and Conduct of Operations implementation
- Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate.
Education and Experience 4-year degree in related technical and 10-12 years of diversified technical experience and experience operating DOE Nuclear Facilities or High Hazard facilities. Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program qualification as Propulsion Plant Watch Officer/Supervisor is preferred. Nuclear Facility or Reactor Plant Supervision/Management experience is required. Knowledge of DOE orders and OSHA Requirements Ability to coordinate and manage multiple activities within a Nuclear Environment Ability to analyze complex operations for abnormal trends and conditions Ability to prioritize operational missions Candidates with Salt Waste Processing Facility (SWPF) Project experience are highly preferred.
SKILLS/COMPETENCIES: Proficiency in utilizing PC and various software applications related to field of expertise is required. Also requires thorough knowledge of standard practices within field of expertise, as well as applicable codes and regulations. Must be proficient in use of communication technology and automation in order to achieve the highest level of productivity. Must possess the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, on technical and non-technical subjects.