This first level supervisory position manages, leads, and directs the maintenance hourly work force across a 24 hour operation in our Ironmaking, Steelmaking, Hot Mill or Finishing Divisions. Will coordinate all maintenance activities on an assigned shift or multiple shifts within a single operations department or unit. You will be responsible for safety, housekeeping, turn operations and down turn work execution, as outlined below.
- Direct union craft employees who are responsible for maintaining operating equipment through time-based, predictive, and emergency actions.
- Supervises completion of work assignments and follows established department plans.
- Enforces safety regulations, conducts daily safety communications, monitors monthly safety activity, and conducts safety inspections as needed.
- Create, read, and analyze charts, work orders, production schedules, and other records and reports.
- Resolve equipment failures during scheduled shutdowns or "breakdown? action.
- Confer with other supervisors to coordinate operations and maintenance activities within or between departments.
- Maintain spares inventory.
- Interpret specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for employees.
- Responsible for personnel matters, including training, development, discipline, safety programs and policies for direct reports.
- Resolve employee problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge & Skills:
- Experience working in a machine/fabrication shop (Preferred)
- Able to read blue prints and schematics.
- Knowledge of mechanical drives, hydraulics and crane systems.
- Basic knowledge of electrical systems.
- Able to problem solve and make decisions
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Required Experience & Education:
- Three (3) years experience as a front-line maintenance supervisor in a heavy industrial environment, preferably in a steelmaking facility.
- Associatedegree in mechanicalengineering/mechanicalengineeringtechnologyOR a high school diploma/GED and five (5) years front-line maintenance supervisory experience.