At Henkel, you can make a difference and craft your career. That's why you own your projects and take full responsibility from an early stage. Our unique brands in markets around the world open up countless opportunities to follow your convictions and explore new paths. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset that allows you to always think out of the box - take the chance and shape the digital future together with us.
- Oversee organizational compliance with local, state and federal environment, health and safety regulations.
- Ensure that environmental policy and procedure manuals are available, updated at all times, and fully implemented.
- Ensure compliance with all environmental, health and safety regulations, and keep abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the organization.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to maintain regulatory compliance with federal, state and local regulatory agencies such as OSHA, EPA, DEC, DHS, DOT, and location Sustainability objectives.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting to Henkel Corporate on KPIs including Sustainability reporting.
- Develops SHE programs and management systems.
- Builds goals/objectives to align with corporate and location objectives in Safety, Health, and Environmental (including Sustainability).
- Ensure plant accident prevention program is in place and fully effective.
- Participate in investigations of accidents.
- Require minimum of BS Degree in related field – MS degree preferred; plus 8+ years applicable experience showing increased levels of responsibility.
- Working knowledge of environmental and safety regulatory programs.
- Ability to interpret and communicate regulatory compliance requirements to all levels.
- Ability to independently perform work.
- Knowledge and experience in State (preferably NYS DEC) and Federal OSHA and environmental agency requirements.
- Self-directed and demonstrates the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Routine problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work while managing multiple priorities.
- Must demonstrate excellent communication skills both orally and in writing with employees and management.
- Ability to work independently with little or no direction; self-starter with capability to stay on-task.
- Develop and deliver presentations as necessary.