The SharePoint/Systems Administrator oversee the SharePoint Server Central Administrator functions of SharePoint 2010/2013 across the organization. The SharePoint/Systems Administrator support the installation, configuration, security, operation, and maintenance of servers, equipment, and software related to SharePoint infrastructure.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and administer Microsoft SharePoint 2010/2013 Servers, including daily monitoring, troubleshooting and performance analysis
- Install and configure SharePoint software and related components at the server level, including SQL Server, web server and application server
- Manage the functionality of features such as Search, view the Audit Log Reports, work with site collection policies, manage the site collection caching, and activate or deactivate Site Collection features Participate in planning and execution of tasks related to the evaluation of new SharePoint based initiatives (upgraded versions, patching, and integration with additional Enterprise Systems)
- Perform typical system administrative activities such backup, restore and issue resolution
- Provide guidance and recommendations for enterprise deployments of SharePoint
- Maintain current industry knowledge of development concepts, best practices, and procedures for SharePoint 2010/2013 solutions
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures including DoD STIG requirements
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.)
- Bachelor's Degree and 8+ years relevant experience OR Associate's Degree and 10+ years relevant experience OR 12+ years relevant experience
- Years of relevant work experience includes:
- Experience in Amazon Web Services (AWS)/Commercial Cloud Services (C2S). Must have knowledge of how to deploy and administer systems in AWS/C2S environments
- Experience with 3rd party tools Quest (formally Metalogix Suite), Data Protection Manager (DPM), Nintex 2013 Forms and Workflows, SharePoint Designer 2010 and 2013
- Experience working as a SharePoint farm administrator supporting enterprise-wide SharePoint deployments
- Experience working with SQL Server, Active Directory, PowerShell, and IIS
- Experience migrating SharePoint 2010 sites to SharePoint 2013
- Experience managing Windows Server 2012 R2 Database administration experience with SQL Server 2012 R2 and 2014
- CompTIA Security+ or DoD 8570 Level II equivalent
- TS/SCI required with ability to pass CI polygraph
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to understand, develop, and run PowerShell commands
- Strong knowledge of the overall topology of SharePoint (i.e., all the components and how they work together).
- Ability to create and modify scripts in multiple disciplines on Windows, Linux, and Solaris systems
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities is required.
- Ability to respond to after hour calls "provide on-call support"
- Must possess strong problem solving and fault isolation skill sets
- Knowledge of the Customer's processes and procedures and of the Customer's production systems a plus
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to function as a team member and independently
- Knowledge of Remedy to monitor Incidents and Change Request opened by end users