CSRA is seeking a SharePoint Developer to provide development and maintenance of SharePoint applications in a fast-paced, high-demand environment. This candidate will develop SharePoint applications for a component of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) servicing more than 6,000 users. Our Federal law enforcement customer is responsible for the vital mission of protecting the security of our nation and its people. In order to more effectively achieve its mission objectives, the agency requires a developer that can effectively deliver solutions that enable utilization of SharePoint's best-of-breed platform and collaboration capabilities.
The SharePoint developer will utilize Agile best practices to transform user stories and functional business requirements into innovative technical solutions. The candidate will work on an Agile team to understand and provide feedback on requirements, design and develop applications using modern web development techniques, test code using proven tools and methods, support the deployment of applications modules, provide application maintenance, and collaborate with the team to improve Agile development processes. The candidate will interact with other team (virtual, database, server), users, and Government POC’s to ensure the applications provide the best possible solution for the customer.
Candidate will serve as SharePoint Developer with responsibilities that include:
- Support SharePoint team in the design of custom applications built on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2016 Platform in an Agile environment
- Design, develop, implement, and/or enhance web-enabled applications using ASP.NET, C#, AngularJS, HTML5, and Bootstrap. The emphasis for development is to perform client-side customization of SharePoint.
- Transform complex customer business requirements into effective, efficient, and maintainable enterprise-level solutions
- Work with customers at all levels of technical ability by assisting them in the requirements elaboration, customization, and definition of SharePoint sites.
- Provide SharePoint guidance and leadership by example on SharePoint best practices
- Work effectively within a government led partnership between Federal and Contractor staff.
- Work with DBAs to create SQL and Oracle database procedures and Oracle packages
- Utilize third-party software development kits and API’s to rapidly develop basic application solutions.
- Work with Business Process Analysts to design and develop solutions and workflows that meet business requirements
- Optimize performance of web applications and create and utilize best standards
- Customize off-the-shelf solutions to meet government customer needs and requirements
- Create functions and libraries to be used by team of developers
- Analyze and resolve current Production application issues
- Provide light-weight documentation as needed
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Engineering, Mathematics or Social Science. (Preferred) with 9+ years of experience or MS with 7 years of experience
6+ years experience with large and complex IT systems
The ideal candidate is a self-starter with 4+ years of experience with the following:
- Supporting development, implementation, and maintenance of an information portal
- Performing .NET programming a major plus
- Programming in Client- and server-side scripting languages
- Performing SharePoint Content Management
- Utilizing Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Microsoft Visual Studio (preferred)
- Providing User Training as needed
- Exhibiting strong knowledge in Content types, Lists, Term Store Management, Reusable Site Templates, Themes, Branding, complex Workflow (Series, Parallel) development, User Management based on business requirement.
- Utilizing SharePoint 2016 Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Using SharePoint Designer 2016 to build custom Workflows and forms
- Microsoft SQL Server, SSRS, and Active Directory integration
- Using custom page templates and layouts
- Using SharePoint PowerShell
- Working as part of a high performing agile team
- Developing web applications that are Section 508 compliant
- Optimizing and maintaining web application code
- Creating SQL statement and stored procedures to interact with Oracle and MS SQL databases
- Using version control, branching, and merging concepts in as part of source control
- Creating documentation for auditability and traceability of all activities performed.
- Working in a collaborative agile team environment with DBA’s, network engineers, server admin, and desktop support
- Participating in design and code reviews
- Mentoring junior level developers
- Suggesting business process improvements while working through solution design
- Performing unit testing
The ideal candidate has the following traits:
- Strong written and oral communication skills with an ability to interact with multidisciplinary project team members and Government personnel
- Ability to garner requirements from short meetings, define them as requirements, and build without constant supervision
- Strong desire to continuously improve, both personally and the teams they work on
- Highly organized, motivated, and self-directed (takes initiative)
- Capability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines
- Propensity to ask questions when unsure about something, and ability to formulate clear, concise questions
- Displays an uncompromising focus on quality, while strongly considering other project success factors
CSRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to Race, Color, Religion, Sex, National Origin, Disability Status, Protected Veteran Status or any other Characteristic Protected by Law.