The Foreign Affairs Practice at Buchanan & Edwards is a trusted advisor to our government customer whom we have served proudly for over 19 years.
We have an immediate need for a versatile SharePoint Developer who gets excited by mission-focused, customer-facing, and dynamic work building and supporting SharePoint sites and applications in one of the largest government SharePoint deployments in the world and in an environment with over 80 site collections.
The position would be a mix of design, development, administration, and planning / execution for a migration to SharePoint 2016.
Working with a creative SharePoint team, under a Senior SharePoint Developer / Architect, the ideal candidate would have the opportunity to learn and grow with a collaborative team that is building and managing mission-focused solutions, and be a part of an effort to plan and perform a migration from SharePoint 2010 directly to SharePoint 2016 (On-premises and Cloud / SharePoint Online / Office 365).
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Create customized pages and Web Parts, design InfoPath forms, build workflows and page views, write code to enhance usability of the platform, connect external data sources, and build full-scale applications
- Support and manage SharePoint 2010 sites and applications to include an exciting migration to SharePoint 2016
- Configure and implement out-of-the box SharePoint sites to include but not be limited to web parts, workflows/services, document library and list setup, configure permission/access control, and customization
- Perform other duties within scope as assigned
- Active Secret Level clearance
- 3-5 years (or more) of hands-on SharePoint Development experience creating SharePoint features and solutions including web parts, master pages, custom pages and forms, content types, workflows, and site templates.
- 3+ years’ experience supporting/administering SharePoint 2010 sites and solutions
- Must be able to interface with clients and business users, gather and translate user requirements to technical solutions, and implement those requirements.
- Experience working in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016, as well as SharePoint Online / Office 365 (but willing to offer training for the right candidate)
- Proficient UI design skills (i.e. Bootstrap, etc.)
- Related IT certifications preferred (SharePoint)
- Related College degree preferred (Bachelor and/or Master degree in Computer Science or Information Systems)
- Experience working in ASP.Net and Server-side object model is highly desirable.