High performing team members. Challenging projects. A stable and profitable company. And a great place to work! This is what you can expect if you join the Catapult Systems team. Founded in 1993 and headquartered in Austin, Texas, Catapult is one of the top Microsoft National Solutions Providers (NSP) in the U.S., and we have been named Microsoft Global and/or Regional partner of the year each of the past 8 years. We were also recently named one of the 20 Most Promising Azure Solutions Providers by CIOReview.
What do we attribute our award-winning success to? The people we hire, of course! We provide you the tools and leadership that you need to be successful and let you do what you do best. We enable you to make decisions that you feel are in the best interest of our customers and we trust your judgment. This type of ownership and independence, and an ongoing commitment to solving real business problems through the innovative use of Microsoft technologies, has resulted in Catapult being voted one of the best places to work year after year!
What will I be doing?
We are seeking individuals with Microsoft development experience that are interested in an exciting and challenging career working with SharePoint 2010/2013 and SharePoint Online. You will join our Managed Services team in Austin, Texas. As a Catapult Systems Consultant, you will have the opportunity to work with the latest Microsoft technologies and solutions in a dynamic work environment (and work with some pretty great people too)! You will be assigned one-to-several clients with your team conducting your responsibilities remotely from the Catapult office (not from the client site).
Responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with clients to understand support daily delivery expectations and operations
- Developing and supporting SharePoint solutions for Catapult clients
- Assist and support application development teams and system administrators throughout project lifecycles
- Assisting with requirements, functional design specifications, implementation plans and test scripts/plans
- Configuring, Administering & Managing SharePointServer, farms databases
- Scripting, performing and testing routine SharePoint backups and restores
- Anticipating, mitigating, identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving SharePoint issues and escalating incidents as necessary on behalf of clients
- Analyzing SharePoint, server, application, network, and input/output device performance using Catapult’s methodologies and best practices
- Recommending and performing software upgrades, patches and reconfigurations
- Maintaining policies and procedures for SharePoint administration
- First and foremost, you need a great attitude and need to enjoy what you do!
- Ability to define and solve design, implementation and support issues
- Credible and professional presence, excellent written and verbal communication skills and the desire to work in a team environment across organization functional boundaries
- 3-5 years full lifecycle SharePoint/O365 implementation, upgrade, migration and deployment experience including creating custom developed solutions in SharePoint 2010/2013 and O365
- 3-5 years of experience in SharePoint 2010/2013 farm administration
- Experience in Microsoft ASP.NET, C# programming and SQLServer
- Working technical knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory, SQLserver and networks
- Application support experience with SharePoint
- Knowledge of current SharePoint/O365 software, protocols, and standards
- Knowledge of networking concepts (like TCP/IP) and load balancing
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshootingexperience
What would set me apart?
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field
- Excellent customer support and communication skills
- MCP and MCTS certification
- Previous managed services experience
- Agile delivery methods; development background with the .NET framework