YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
The SharePoint Content Developer is an essential member of the IT Collaboration Team that is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of TNC’s portfolio of collaboration tools. This position will be a primary support contact for users/groups across the organization. Location for this position is negotiable within the United States. The majority of work hours will occur during the standard US workday, though off-hours and weekend hours may be required at certain times.
The principal role of the SharePoint Content Developer is the overall management and support of TNC’s instances of Microsoft SharePoint. This includes TNC’s intranet (aka “Connect”) and SharePoint sites that are a component of Microsoft Teams. This position will work with all staff/departments to help coordinate projects necessary to maintain or enhance SharePoint solutions within the organization. It will also entail the development and support of other collaboration applications (e.g. Microsoft Teams, Box, Zoom, etc.) according to system requirements that follow TNC methodology and best practices. The Content Developer may be asked to deliver technical training on collaboration tools to TNC staff in a group or one-on-one setting. The position will participate in maintenance projects related to collaboration application upgrades, conversion, and modifications. This role will be involved in quality assurance testing and may be asked to validate development work done for applications before release to production in all phases of the project life cycle.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
- Manage, maintain, and support a search-driven intranet built on Microsoft SharePoint for published content and collaboration. This includes revisiting and reviewing content to ensure business relevance.
- Create new SharePoint sites for departmental/project teams by leading TNC staff representatives to organize, configure and design highly usable web content.
- Perform basic SharePoint administration tasks including managing permissions (restrict and revoke access as required), plus creating and/or managing content types, site columns, lookups, and new site templates for re-use in sites.
- Maintain SharePoint out-of-the box apps and collaborative features (e.g. lists, document/form libraries, discussion boards, forms/surveys, calendars, webparts, workflows, etc.) and integrate SharePoint with other Microsoft and third-party products.
- Work with the Collaboration Team and/or internal partners on the overall user experience of the intranet including (but not limited to): development of site templates, improving navigation, enhancing search, employing new SharePoint web parts, etc.
- Serve as a primary contact for incoming SharePoint and other collaboration tools support requests/issues. Expected to troubleshoot, manage, and assign support tickets to other team members (as necessary).
- Provide documentation for all support, testing and application change processes.
- Participate in upgrade, patching, and disaster recovery testing/validation.
- Work directly with IT and TNC staff to ensure all projects timelines are met or exceeded based on specific project scope timelines and deliverables. This includes developing and reporting out on accurate work estimates and timelines.
- Provide training and/or assistance to TNC staff (as required) through structured learning sessions, group/one-on-one meetings, and formal presentations.
- Bachelor's degree and/or four (4) years’ experience in an information technology role.
- Two (2) years of experience using Microsoft SharePoint and other Microsoft 365 applications.
- Experience with the technical understanding of SharePoint sites, lists, and libraries.
- Experience with SharePoint Online and the Microsoft 365 platform.
- Experience with Microsoft 365 applications (e.g. Microsoft Office product suite, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Planner, etc.).
- Experience with presentation and documentation skills.
- Good communication skills and a professional demeanor.
- Experience with Microsoft Power Automate and/or Microsoft PowerApps.
- Proficiency with graphic design tools (e.g. Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar).
- Knowledge of the Microsoft cloud platform/services (e.g. Azure, Microsoft 365 administration, etc.).
- Solid understanding of Microsoft Graph, Stream, Delve, Zoom, Box, and Power BI.