Scope of Work
SharePoint is used as an enterprise document management tool. Currently there are more than 100 active Site/Site Collections agency wide. These sites/site-collections are used by more than 2000 users (internal and external). The SharePoint Software Developerapplies current graphics design and .NET technologies to develop, modify, maintain SharePoint server portals.
Design, develop, and manage site content and capabilities and provide daily onsite maintenance of the existing Sites and Site collections across multiple domains. Participates in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software. Familiar with healthcare concepts, practices, and procedures is a plus. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work with project stakeholders on a daily basis. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
- Develops software solutions by studying requirements analysis and information needs; conferring with stakeholders and IT Management; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; performs software design using software development fundamentals and processes, debug, test, and deploy software solutions.
- Design, develop and maintain key components of the software suite using classic ASP, Microsoft .Net and SharePoint Server 2010.
- Implementation of SharePoint-based workflows as well as development of Business Intelligence dashboards.
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Build proof of concept examples or graphical simulation software. Then maintain product test software and demos for training purposes.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Actively participate in product design reviews by providing creative and practical ideas and solutions in a teamwork environment. A wide degree of creativity and latitude required.
- Supports Intranet sites built on SharePoint2010 and SharePoint (MOSS) 2007
- Manages system security, system patching and upgrades
- Deploys custom developed and third-party SharePoint solution packages
- Configures SharePoint services and settings
- Documents SharePoint configuration and architecture
- Manages site quotas and file size limits
- Reviews and monitoring usage reports
- Manages content databases and creating new ones as required
- Administers and maintains sites and sub-sites
- Manages security for sites and sub-sites
- Manages the site layout structure and content
- Provides Microsoft Project support to project leaders
- Provides SharePointsupport to end users
- Experience programming in .NET 3.5, C#, ASP.NET , T-SQL, C/C++, XLM. Experience with SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, Web Parts, and workflow creation.
- Experience as a SharePointDeveloper in the analysis, design, hands-on development and delivery of web-based applications.
- Experience using jQuery, Client Object Model, and Service Oriented Architecture.
- Experience with SharePoint's application services framework including implementation, configuration, and usages of Search, Managed Metadata, and User Profile Services.
- Microsoft MCPD 70-576, SharePoint2010/2013 Designing and Developing Applications certification is a plus but not required.
- Ability to write Stored Procedures, write complex SQL queries, and ability to analyze the SQL data is desired.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Analysis Services, and/or SQL Server Integration Services a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems; or related discipline is desired.
- Attention to detail and commitment to high quality/error free deliverables.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Must have a strong programming background authoring well written, well documented, modular and clean code.
- Must be well organized, a good communicator, able to effectively prioritize tasks, and manage your projects from concept to production.
- Must be able to write thorough and concise functional and design specifications as well as easily readable end user documentation.
- Must be well able to brainstorm with others, thrive in a collaborative team environment, multi task, and quickly adapt to change.