Sleep Number is an innovation leader with our ongoing customer relationship as a competitive advantage. To enhance and improve our life-long relationships we are focused on the simplification and consistency of our digital service delivery. The SharePoint Architect is responsible for the ongoing strategy, daily operations and continued evolution of the SharePoint sites supporting our customer facing teams. This role is also responsible for defining and ensuring adherence to governance and best practice policies as well as platform best practices. This role will act as a SharePoint expert support resource for site owners across the enterprise.
- Advancing the corporate Knowledge Management strategy and roadmap.
- Manages the design, build and run of SharePoint site collections and hosted 3rd party SharePoint solutions.
- Analyzes business requirements and maps to SharePoint functionality. Assists site owners in leveraging out of box features within their sites.
- Develops customized solutions to meet business needs where out of box functionality will not suffice.
- Provides recommendations and leverages Office 365 functionality including flow, forms and other applications to drive process efficiencies and user experience improvements.
- Integrates SharePoint with ancillary systems to display relevant information to end users.
- Establishes and governs Site Collection governance rules.
- Manages SharePoint permissions and ensures adherence to permissions policy. Partners with IT to ensure knowledge platforms are integrated with existing security platforms.
- Mentors, trains and consults with site owners on cross site integration.
- Develops and deploys operational processes to maintain SharePoint sites with latest versions and features.
- Helps lead and implement continual evolution and improvements of technology that advances the Knowledge Management strategy.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree required
- Advanced knowledge in SharePoint Online and Office 365
- 3+ years experience with the design, build and maintenance of SharePoint site collections or 3rd party SharePoint platforms. Akumina platform a plus.
- 3+ years experience working with java script, html or other programming language
- 3 or more years business/ technology/service experience
- 2 or more years in Retail/Consumer goods business (B2C)
- Working knowledge of knowledge management technology solutions
- Exceptional presentation, communication and customer service skills.
- Meticulous organizational skills and ability to see bigger picture across broad set of business units.
- High energy, enthusiastic and motivated demeanor with ability to self-manage work.
- Ability to be agile; readily adapt to change in a faced paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and delegate tasks.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others; build strong work relationships and establish self as a trusted team member.
- Demonstrated proficiency in verbal and written communication.
- Ability to view situations from multiple customer and user perspectives.
- Willingness to be hands-on while leading team.
Sleep Number is an equal opportunity employer, committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, regardless of sex; race; color; creed; national origin; religion; age; marital status; pregnancy; physical, mental, communicative or sensory disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law.