Role: SharePoint Administrator
Location: McLean, VA
* Engage with business owners, clients, vendors for solving business issues and new requirements independently.
* Experience in writing PowerShell scripts specific to SharePoint 2010/2013/2016
* Review and complete Application deployment activities as per standard guidelines and reporting any inconsistencies in the deployment procedure.
* Ability to manage SharePoint online environment and quickly solve any issues that arises in SharePoint online or report to Microsoft for issues relating to Microsoft back end environment.
* Keep Up to date with the various Microsoft Products and Services to suggest an upgrade / New installation of products that will appreciate value of SharePoint services.
* Help new team members/administrators with KT/ training of existing SharePoint environments and get them ready for performing current admin roles.
* Train OOB features/ Application to client as per need basis.
* Set up and Manage O365 environments.
* Manage standard admin activities * create site collections/databases; security etc.
* Monthly Windows patching as required
* Deployment of SharePoint Cumulative Updates and Services Packs
* Monitoring - configuration; follow-up on alerts
* Backup * configuration; monitoring; new requests; restore
* Incident analysis and troubleshooting including troubleshooting with vendors
* Decommissioning of environments
* Document monitoring and maintenance procedures
* Maintain system documentation and change logs
Qualifications and Skills:
* Ability to conceptualize a new SharePoint environment from the requirements of Application gathered from New and existing clients. This will include estimating various Application and Front End servers like Search Service Applications, User Profile Application etc.
* Ability to provide automation solutions for various mundane SharePoint tasks like frequent solution deployments, running timer jobs, error collection from Logs etc.
* Train new members/ clients/ end users with SharePoint environments/ Application/ OOB features
* Ability to manage O365 environments to include manage subscriptions, licenses, Adding or removing DNS records.
* Strong Understanding of SharePoint Service Applications and Farm configuration and must be able to build the Three Tier SharePoint Environment
* Strong Understanding of SharePoint permissions, Site Structure, web design, content types & columns, and all other OOB Functionalities
* SharePoint Migration experience from SharePoint 2010 to SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2013 to SharePoint 2016 environment
* Sound knowledge of administering SharePoint and SQL Server environments
* Skills in general infrastructure, including system configurations, clustering, performance, and the use of security certificates
* Excellent knowledge of PowerShell scripting
* Sound knowledge of various troubleshooting tools like Event Viewer, ULS logs, Fiddler, Process Monitor, Generating Dumps, Network Monitor, SQL profiler to troubleshoot SharePoint issues.
* Solid knowledge and experience on Microsoft Technology landscape including various server products.
* Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks around changing priorities
* Excellent communication and organizational skills
* Excellent technical documentation skills
* Excellent interpersonal and client service skills
* Professional attitude
* Must be willing to participate in a 7 x 24 on call support program and flexible hours including some weekends and evenings.
* Minimum 4 years working experience as SharePoint Administrator
* Minimum 4 years supporting IIS, SharePoint 2007/2010/2013, SQL 2005/2008/2012
Required Certifications :
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert on SharePoint 2013 or Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist on SharePoint 2010 OR Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (SharePoint 2016 and O365)
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on Windows Server 2012 OR
* Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert: Productivity
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate on SQL Server 2012