What you’ll be doing...
- Be the process owner of International transformation projects to create an International Center of Excellence in partnership with International Accounting leadership, Regional Accounting teams and the US Accounting COEs.
- Provide oversight over end-to-end International Accounting processes to increase standardization and alignment across not only the Regions but to US Domestic processes.
- Under the leadership of COE Senior Manager, be a key resource to create maintain of current & future state International process documentation including control aspects, leveraging existing US Accounting desktop procedures. This will enable greater consistency across International & with the US, increase understanding of the current state and opportunities and facilitate design & transformation to a best-in-class future state.
- Define and execute best-in-class strategic enhancements and alignments to the current processes. This will improve consistency, accuracy and controls. Additionally, this will improve governance, transparency and self-service, and be nimble enough to timely react to changes in the regulatory standards. At the same time, be efficient and effective in its use of resources across locations and be well supported by technology.
- Provide periodic updates on the status of the transformation efforts and escalate issues.
- Provide oversight through communication and collaboration for Compliance and third party vendor supported processes bringing together the Regional views.
- Provide timely data, reporting and needed analytics to the key stakeholders on COE initiatives, metrics, opportunities and progress including senior management.
- Work with Corporate Accounting and the Regional Accounting teams on the interpretation of the US GAAP and local GAAP guidance for the complex accounting treatments, driving for as much regional and global consistency as possible.
- Create and improve International balance sheet quality. This would include the design, implementation and maintenance of validation activities across the Regions, including the four-eyes review to ensure accuracy and consistency of financials.
- Be a driver of the culture of ongoing self-assessment to continuously improve the effectiveness and the efficiency of the International Accounting process standards.
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field, or four or more years of work experience.
- Six or more years of relevant work experience.
- Accounting experience.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and applications such as SAP, PeopleSoft, CPM/Essbase, Hyperion Financial Management, Blackline or related accounting systems and applications.
- Knowledge in US Accounting (FASB, SEC & US GAAP practices) or International accounting practices, including local statutory reporting and IFRS.
Even better if you have:
- A degree.
- Six or more years of directly related experience.
- Large or medium size company accounting experience.
- Proven experience of managing by influence.
- Direct project management experience, including initiating, planning, executing, monitoring and closing of projects.
- Experience designing and implementing accounting processes, running continuous improvement projects, and conducting root cause analysis.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Good team, organizational planning skills, sound judgment, ability to work with a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and strong time management.
- Technical skills with a strong sense of curiosity, cultural awareness and ability to deliver successfully.
- CPA certification (or International equivalent).
- Big 4 accounting, advisory, audit experience.
- Strong knowledge in US Accounting (FASB, SEC & US GAAP practices) or International accounting practices, including local statutory reporting and IFRS; Ideally, past experience in both areas.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.