This position in particular is focused on the strategic Egypt Automotive Collaboration Program. This position will plan, manage, and execute the launch of the Semi-Knock-Down (SKD) / Complete Knock-Down (CKD) assembly of HUMVEE automotive systems by the Egyptian Armament Authority and Wheeled Vehicle Department in Egypt. This will require extensive coordination between the customer and key stakeholders in Egypt and coordinating/managing the IPT functional team members to deliver results on time and under budget. This position will be located full-time in Cairo, Egypt with potential travel to Mishawaka, South Bend, and Auburn Hills as required to further coordinate the program planning and execution.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Position is responsible for all aspects of planning and executing the Egypt Automotive collaboration program. Includes actively managing the program from Egypt for extended periods of time while coordinating with the IPT functional team to ensure a successful program launch and transition from SKD to more extensive subsequent CKD phases.
- Position responsible for developing customer trust and maintaining strong professional relationships with current and prospective customers. Required to establish a detailed understanding of the customer and provide appropriate direction to AM General functional staff on identification of customer requirements.
- Position will plan and manage advanced, complex, long range strategic company programs funded by international customer contracts and/or AM General funds as either prime or subcontractor roles.
- Position requires the ability to understand complex relationships, strategies and approaches to develop plans for execution resulting in a product or service. Customer, AM General and stakeholder core business programs/goals/objectives. Approved execution plans are defined, balanced and achieved on time and within budget.
- Responsible for identification and determination of resources required to accomplish the above.
- Responsible to coordinate with all necessary and appropriate internal and external supporting organizations to insure the program/project is executed IAW approved plans.
- Responsible to generate appropriate reports and briefings to provide senior management the necessary information to make critical program business decisions in a timely manner.
- Responsible to inform executive staff when the potential exists for a variance of program schedule, cost and/or performance requirements.
- Conduct effective meetings and reviews with both internal and external customers ensuring customer requirements, project plans and company objectives are met.
- Responsible for submittal, cost schedule and perform reports deliverable to the customer.
EDUCATION & SKILLS
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required.
- Required B.S. in Engineering, Business, or related field. M.S. in engineering, business or related field.
- 10 - 15 years of program management related experience, preferably in light tactical vehicles, defense industry, or automotive fields.
- 5 or more years’ minimum experience in automotive/vehicle manufacturing launch and plant operations is required.
- Experience on the assembly plant floor actively managing cross-functional teams for a successful vehicle production start-up and launch process.
- SKD / CKD assembly program launch experience is a plus.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus.
- Experience in managing large-scale automotive/light tactical vehicle projects.
- Ability to lead a diverse cross-functional team.
- Ability to monitor project schedule, budget, and scope.
- Ability to identify and manage communications with program stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- Strategic and tactical planning experience.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to guide a product development process.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Prior military service or defense acquisition experience is a plus.
- Sight: must be able to regularly read computer screen, reports, and various documents with detail and clarity so as to accomplish work tasks in a safe and efficient manner. This includes regular use of adequate close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Hearing: must be able to regularly hear well enough to communicate.
- Hand-Eye Coordination: must be able to regularly coordinate one’s eyes with one’s fingers, wrists, or arms to move, carry, or manipulate objects or to perform other job-related tasks.
- Manual Dexterity: must be able to regularly make quick, accurate, skillful, and coordinated movement with hands and arms to grasp, place, move, or use objects such as phone, computer, and other office equipment, tools, or controls.
- Agility: must be able to regularly bend, stretch, twist, or reach out with the body, arms, or legs to perform job tasks. This includes the ability to move throughout all areas of the facility, Company’s property surrounding facility, or additional work areas.
- Climbing / Kneeling: must be able to occasionally climb, kneel, bend over, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, with balance.
- Lifting: must be able to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds with or without assistance.
- Physical Strength: must be able to occasionally lift, push, pull, or carry objects using hands, arms, back, abdominal muscles, shoulders, legs, or a combination of these muscle groups.
- Stamina: must be able to occasionally exert oneself physically over long periods of time. This may include performing repetitive or strenuous tasks as well as standing and sitting for long periods.