What you will love about Johnson Controls:
We’ve been dedicated to protecting the environment since our invention of the electric thermostat in 1885, which provided a fundamental shift in the energy efficiency of buildings. Now, all over the world, our products and services empower customers and communities to consume less energy and conserve resources.
- Global, innovative, industry leader
- Embraces diversity
- Growth opportunities abound
- Fast paced, evolving company, always learning, always adapting
- Great benefits; including Healthcare related wellness discounts, great 401k match, company funded retirement program, vacation, sick time, floating holidays and national holidays
What you will do
The Software Engineer will work within a team of developers on Johnson Control’s configuration software platform, Selection Navigator. The candidate will be responsible for additional applications and utilities required to support this suite of software.
How you will do it
- Designs, develops, documents, and implements software solutions on Selection Navigator platform in accordance with backlog specifications, ensuring completion within the planned time constraint and meeting the established objectives for quality, reliability and performance. Uses judgment in suggesting adaptations or modifications where appropriate.
- Analyzes the impact and feasibility of change requests on existing software and implements corrective actions.
- Provides both technical and administrative documentation in a timely manner for developed software and design models.
- Provides technical input, feedback, and consultation to other internal organizations integrating to the Selection Navigator platform.
- Provide assistance in investigation, analysis, and data gathering.
- Will receive direction and recommendations in the application of sound practices in software development.
- Reviews code of fellow members to provide feedback on code quality.
- Provides Level 3 End User support for Selection Navigator as needed.
- Adheres to the Company’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics standards.
What we look for Required
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science; or a Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Science, or Mathematics discipline with strong Computer Science skills or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years preferred software development experience in Apex and Visualforce on Salesforce platform
- Hold a current Salesforce Platform Developer certification
- Experience developing software in a SAFe Agile environment
- Experience in SOQL queries and optimization.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Windows operating systems and MS Office Suite programs.
- Familiarity with large data collections in Salesforce, databases, and spreadsheets.
- Ability to understand technical material.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with engineers, analysts, designers, and software developers.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, with good organizational skills and the flexibility and adaptability to work on multiple projects with exceptional attention to detail.
- High degree of interpersonal skills including both oral and written communication.
- Ability to assimilate and implement new and emerging technologies.
- Experience with Johnson Controls selection tools and/or Selection Navigator.
- RESTful API Design
- Experience with source code repositories such as GitHub, SourceSafe, or VSTS.