Why be a government contractor when you can be a government innovator? Come work for an organization that has creativity, innovation, and drive rooted throughout its DNA. We are not like the others.
At OGSystems we don't just create the best solutions we execute them in collaboration with our customers. Creating the best solutions starts with the best ideas and that requires the best people. We want people willing to out hustle the haters until they ask if we are hiring. Own The Outcome and join our culture of innovation and creativity.
SF Standards Database Developer/Systems Engineer - III
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the missions of its customer. This program is chartered to provide technical leadership for many of NGA's highest priorities and projects to include systems engineering and architecture analysis and definition for the TCPED-S (Tasking, Collection, Processing Exploitation, Dissemination and Storage) efforts within the Research Portfolio and Community Architecture Roadmap Working Group (CARWG), and development of standards for all Geospatial Intelligence developers and consumers. The candidate will lead the Source/Foundation GEOINT Standards – Data Product Specifications (FGS-DPS) database administration/management and cloud buildout to include database migration, ETL (extract, transform, load), data edits (update, insert, delete), report generations, and API integration with user interface (UI) development for the NGA GEOINT Content Extraction Specifications (GCES) and DPS datasets. The candidate will work closely with front end and cartographic developers to prototype, implement a user-centered design approach, and iterate UI design enhancements. Duties associated with this position include providing subject matter expert (SME) solutions to assist the customer in defining, shaping, executing FGS cloud based architecture, DevOps strategic vision and buildout of the SF Standards symbology data-driven online presence using Continuous Integration/Deployment (CI/CD) DevOps technologies particularly with Pivotal Cloud Foundry – Platform as a Service (PCF-PaaS). The candidate must be a, self-starter, strong team player with attention to details, comfortable working in a complex multifaceted development environments and has demonstrated success in establishing good customers relationships. S/he will attend, contribute to the Defense Geospatial Information Working (DGIWG) technical meeting, an international Symbology Standards forum.
Keywords: Database Administration, Database Migration, SQL, PostgreSQL, DevOps, CI/CD
• Active TS/SCI security clearance
• Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science or relevant field plus 6+ years' experience in Database Administration, Data Science/Analyst, System Engineering/Integration and /or Web Development
• 6+ years of experience in related technical field, with 3 years of recent NGA/IC experience
• Experience with HTML5, js, and SQL
• Provide expertise in solving customer's data usability and accessibility problems; interpreting and implementing industry best practice solutions to the customer's data requirements (reports, GCES image and DPS graphic visualizations)
• Ability to work independently and as the team lead under tight deadlines while managing priorities efficiently
• Plan, maintain, track an Agile schedule (2-3 weeks release increment) in project management capacity (Redmine, JIRA, etc…)
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-contractor / government organization
• Ability to work with international partners, traveling to meet face-to-face when necessary and presenting technical development status/demo but also be able to work well via email and teleconference
• Experience and knowledge of the NGA/DGIWG Data Product Specifications
• Basic understand of the Global, Regional, Local, and Urban/Specialized (GRLS) Topographic Data Stores
• Demonstrated experience with cloud-based or DevOps environment and/or open source capabilities (GitLab, Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF), Jenkins, Amazon Web Services (AWS) technologies, R for Data Science, Powershell, etc…)
• Basic familiarity with Cloud Services (Platform as a Services – PaaS, Database as a Service, etc…)
• Knowledge of the NSG, preferably experience providing systems engineering to high visibility NSG segments.