Reporting into the VP, Finance the Settlement Manager is responsible for designing and maintaining the daily settlement reconciliation process. S/he will work with cross functional teams to make sure that daily clearing and funds flow activities for the networks (Visa, MasterCard, Discover…), partner banks, and customers are recorded accurately. S/he will be responsible for identifying and resolving issues while maintaining a great relationship with the constituents mentioned above. Furthermore, as the business grows, the Settlement Manager will lead various initiatives to scale the settlement function through automation and process optimization.
- Maintain the financial health of our system's balance sheet and identify instances that cause imbalances.
- Work with internal teams (CS, Product, and Technology) to research and correct issues identified during reconciliation.
- Participate in new customer on-boarding and existing customer de-commission processes to ensure customer funds flow is accurately recorded and reported.
- Support accounting team in revenue recognition and expense reporting processes.
- Assist customers with day-to-day balance reconciliation.
- Work with internal system and data analytics teams to build settlement reconciliation reports and tools.
- Continuing improvement in settlement operations to support the business scale.
- Perform validation testing on product changes prior to production deployment.
The ideal candidate should possess a solid background in accounting/finance related functions, have demonstrated success in solving problems and driving results. We are looking for candidates who has a keen sense of ownership, 5+ years’ experience in finance/accounting related functions.
- 5+ years’ experience in finance/accounting related functions.
- Banking or otherfinancial services industry background with a thorough understanding of settlement workflows and key risks controls.
- Analytical rigor and an orientation toward data-driven management and decision making.
- Proficient in financial systems and tools, strong Excel skills a must.
- Self-motivated, proactive, detail-oriented and collaborative.
- Ability to lead projects independently from start to finish, working with internal and external teams to make decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degreerequired.