Engility delivers innovative solutions to critical challenges facing the nation and the world. As a premier provider of integrated services for the U.S. government, we support the Department of Defense, intelligence community, space communities, federal civilian agencies and international customers. Engility is dedicated to making lives better, safer and more secure.
Position/Work Location: Tyson's Corner & Chantilly, Virginia Area
Engility has a position opening for a System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) Software Architect. This position requires insight and experience in a variety of systems engineering, collection system design, upgrade planning, design and implementation, operational readiness preparation, and operations support tasks. This individual will assist the government customer with end-to-end planning, implementation, deployment, operation and enhancement of complex systems. This will include requirements definition, performance analysis, document preparation and review, and status tracking. This person will also assist in the coordination of deployment and system activation activities, including integration support, and facilitate survey and sustained operations.
Position requires nominally 25% domestic travel, but may be as high as 50% during test, training, and deployment readiness activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Position requires strong system engineering perspective and leadership skills to support a government team in technical coordination, risk assessment, progress tracking, and implementation trades
- Support oversight of development contractor activities, including planning of verification and test activities, and test witnessing
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, proven leadership ability, and a strong desire to work in a dynamic team environment
- Candidate must be highly skilled in Excel, PowerPoint and Project to support program activities
- Preference will be given to a candidate with a Master's degree in a technical discipline although a degree is not required if the candidate has at least 10 years of relevant experience
- Experience in overseeing the development of software for the management of complex systems
- Experience in managing multiple lines of software development and building a software architecture
- Experience with currently deployed intelligence community (IC) systems
- Minimum of 5 years recent or current experience in system or software development, operations support, or other direct support to the intelligence community (IC)
- Current TS/SCI level clearance with poly
Requisition ID 2016-21096