The primary goal of the Services Sales Account Specialist is to achieve and exceed an overall bookings and revenue quota for SAP Services. This role works closely with the SAP License organization, SAP Delivery counter-parts, customers and partners to ensure the overall success of the sale and implementation of SAP solutions.
The Services Sales Account Specialist must have a good command of the sales process and be able to progress an opportunity through each stage in the sales cycle for a successful close. This requires the ability to research a customer’s situation, conduct customer discovery sessions, match customer needs to SAP solutions and services, and communicate value to customers and prospects. The role must utilize all of the resources available to generate demand, progress the lead through the customer decision process, and close the deal. This requires skills in understanding the customer’s decision making process and an ability to identify and utilize champions to progress the deal forward.
Additionally, the Services Sales Account Specialist must be a self starter, highly motivated to research a customer’s situation and industry in order to prepare for meetings, continuously review and update territory and opportunity plans, and have the leadership to leverage the SAP assets available.
- Develop territory and account plans, leveraging all assets available (e.g. lines of service, marketing, delivery) to drive pipeline and close opportunities.
- Ensure pipeline has ample coverage of territory and the breadth of SAP Services’ entire portfolio of products and services.
- Understand the customer decision making process and develop relationships with key decision makers, nurture champions and coaches, and progress a deal through sales cycle.
- Update, maintain, and accurately report out regular updates to sales forecast and territory plan.
- Identify key resources needed to properly scope projects to meet client needs and SAP business parameters
- Build strong internal relationships with license sales, alliances, services delivery, product management, and other groups.
- Facilitate customer discovery and implementation scoping sessions to define requirements for input into implementation plans, estimates, resource models, and pricing models.
- Create formal services proposals, RFP responses, Statement of Work (SOW), and services contracts.
- Coordinate with other internal resources, experts, and teams in formulating overall customer solutions and services for driving customer success.
- Create and deliver customer presentations on implementation methodology, approach, best practices, risk mitigation strategies, and deployment recommendations.
Qualifications and Skills
Minimum of 5 to 7 years of experience in sales activities including generation and management of opportunities, bids, deal closure and relationship management. SAP product and prior business application software or implementation experience is preferred. Experience in selling in the Financial Services industry is a big plus.
- Works proficiently through effective communication and management thinking coupled with significant political insightfulness
- Professional presence to prepare and conduct a discovery session with a customer
- Ability to develop and maintain a territory plan to build pipeline
- Proven experience with identifying opportunities and managing them through sales process to close
- Capable of researching and understanding customer business challenges and tying them to associated value propositions
- Experience leading and influencing without direct authority
- Ability to adapt and function effectively in fast-paced, changing environment
- Willing to travel 40% - 50%
Personal Characteristics Required
- Judgment: ability to demonstrate consistent logic, rationality and objectivity in decision making. Achieves good balance between quick decisiveness and slower, more systematic approaches. Performs critical problem solving easily.
- Communication: ability to demonstrate fluency, proper grammar, and organization of thought. Demonstrates willingness to participate in and lead meetings and communicate effectively with staff at all levels.
- Business acumen: ability to apply sound commercial judgement when demonstrating to our customers how our services will generate significant value and return on investment.
- Independence: functions successfully without much supervision and stays focused.
- Standards of Performance: strives and consistently achieves quality results; demonstrates low tolerance for mediocrity; exhibits conscientiousness, dedication, self-discipline and responsibility.
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
Requisition ID: 158268