Join Schneider Electric and power your career!
Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.
Schneider Electric is looking for a dynamic and proactive individual to further grow our Services business in the Greater Toronto Area. This individual will be responsible for identifying potential customers, building relationships, and identifying key opportunities for complete solutions. The candidate will become an expert in supporting customers through their product and services lifecycles while exceeding our customers’ expectations. Your experience in external sales, combined with extensive knowledge of the electrical and energy management sector, will allow you to become an integral part of our Field Services Sales team.
This position will drive incremental growth of our Services revenue, cultivate the ‘trusted advisor’ relationship with our end user clients, and provide education and support with appropriate channel partners. This position works very closely with our Marketing, Schneider Electric product sales, and Service Operations management teams.
The Services Sales Representative (SSR) will own activities and opportunities with the goal of expanding our services revenue. Sales focus consists of both new account acquisition as well as growing ongoing relationships. A knowledge of direct and ‘sales through partners’ is required
The successful candidate will balance his/her time in several areas:
- Perform customer facing activities to determine project needs, and then provide an appropriate value add technical solution. The candidate will become the key ‘first point of contact’ for these customers, and engage other Schneider business as appropriate;
- Formulate project estimations, aid in tender creation, deliver professional quotations, and perform follow-up, ensuring customer questions and concerns are resolved;
- Negotiate and win these projects, while being supported by other key areas such as management, technical experts, and Services Operations;
- Manage a personal funnel of accounts & opportunities via the company CRM, and accurately report and forecast on his/her activities and opportunities;
- Engage, support, and leverage core Product sales teams and key partners. This leverage will allow their relationships and strengths to complement the technical strengths and portfolio knowledge of the SSR to ensure success. Joint sales strategies are a necessity to provide competitive differentiation;
- Conduct activities such as trade shows, customer events, industry events, and larger national campaigns as part of Schneider Canada’s strategy;
- Identify market opportunities, competitive activities/weaknesses, then execute new campaigns and activities while working closely with our offer and marcom teams;
Required Skillsets & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate strong relationship building skills with a proven track record of driving incremental revenue. Knowledge of both OPEX and CAPEX sales techniques is required in a business-to-business selling environment. The candidate will possess a mix of direct end user interaction, coupled with the ability to work with and leverage key channel partners.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following skillsets:
- Strong electrical product and application knowledge, especially in low and medium voltage systems and related equipment;
- Strong technical skills (such as Engineering, CET, EET, or Journeyperson) coupled with 5-10 years sales experience;
- A high degree of Health, Safety, and Environmental knowledge;
- Excellent customer management and relationship skills;
- High degree of time management and organizational capability;
- Strong communication skills, both externally and within Schneider Electric;
- Flexibility to perform some work while traveling and during evenings
At Schneider Electric, we value our employees. We offer a competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and development opportunities and much more. Join Schneider Electric and together, let’s make the most of your energy.