The Services Practice Development Manager is part of the global Services team and focuses on creating, delivering, and enabling strategic Infrastructure and cloud solutions for the organization. The activities will focus on both internal and partner solutions development.
Role and Responsibilities
Additionally, this role will primarily focus on:
- Services practice market testing, creation, curation, and enablement
- Service delivery tool kits (both for Nutanix and its certified services partners)
- Work with and align to product management on services offerings for new products and version refreshes
- Work with marketing, sales, and channel sales on product adoption and consumption
- Define and drive the creation of Internal tools and IP development
- Service Briefs creation and maintenance
- Manage periodic updates to the sales organization
The candidate will possess knowledge of the solution sales process, channel enablement, bringing new service product offerings to market with development resources and services outcomes through the origination, internal and channel enablement for use cases including, but not limited to Enterprise Cloud, Enterprise applications, end-user computing, datacenter re-platforming, migrations, lifecycle services, devops, and operational readiness.
The Services Practice Development Manager shall additionally manage:
- Prioritization and internal IP creation and development resources along with workshop development
- Measure offering effectiveness, profitability, uptake and calibrate to present and future field and channel needs
- SKU (internal and channel) offerings and implementation and maintenance with Services Operations
- Legal SOW offering language with coordination with the virtual services practices and advisory services for rollout and market pricing
- OEM-specific offers for sell to and sell through
- Main contact point for Request for Proposal (RFP) coordination and maintaining the ongoing offering database.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an OEM or channel partner (VAR) or equivalent in managing these relationships
- Mandatory legal document (SOW or otherwise) process knowledge.
- Practice or NPI (New Product Offering) management and coordination with internal PM, channel, and external channel partners
- Quickly respond to tactical requests for proposals balancing the needs of the organization, along with an ability to triage small to mid-sized projects with repeatable technical proposals
- Have worked in a pre-sales services or software product sales environment with solutions development and product launch
- Packaging unstructured work streams into an outlined and executed solution
- Proficiency in spoken English and English contract written language.
- Understanding of hyperconvergence and cloud offerings with their impact on the customer’s IT journey
- PMP, ISO, or other process training and certifications.
- Hands-on experience in crafting responses to RFP/RFIs
- Natural leadership abilities, ability to thrive in an independent manner combining exceptional interpersonal communication, virtual team building, and presentation skills