The Service Management Portfolio Manager is a key position, responsible for developing ServiceNow best practices around Service Management (SM), requiring a highly focused and structured individual with vision who can instigate and drive change.
- Support the development of the Service Management product portfolio through critical insight of industry trends and customer needs.
- Responsible for the creation, deployment and maintenance of ServiceNow Service Management Best Practices documentation including process design documents, workshop presentations, stories, use cases, collaborating closely with colleagues across geographies.
- Ensure internal, customer and partner knowledge portals contain current version collateral to enable delivery teams.
- Ensure continual improvement of Global Service Management Practice processes through consultant feedback.
- Active Participant and Contributor and thought leader in Communities of Excellence (in Community) that provides Mentoring, Implementation Support, Maturity Maps and Continual Improvements
- Build Trust and Establish Thought Leadership through publication activities: Knowledge Articles, White Papers, Wiki, Community, Blogs, Templates, Capability Content, etc.
- Provide feedback into BU Product Teams for Continual Improvement of Product Capabilities, Features and Interoperability in consideration of Customer Needs and Requirements
- Identifying areas of SM process improvement (efficiency and effectiveness) and recommend solutions that detail pros, cons and risks
- Ensure tools such as Healthscan, incorporate and are current, with SM best practices based on field collaboration and input.
- Liaise with SM BU product teams to ensure best practice collaboration and alignment, product roadmap input, and overall partnership in place
- Understand future product release roadmap and its impact to field delivery approach, services offered and enablement needs of the delivery team
- Assess impact of upcoming release to existing sales and delivery collateral, including updates to existing, creation of new and communication and enablement to delivery teams.
- Assist in strategic customer meetings providing deep subject matter expertise.
- Participate in workshops shadowing, reverse shadowing to ensure proper use of and to get first hand feedback of the collateral and its use
- Manage and communicate SMproduct portfolio to the go-to market team.
- Provide training and mentoring to other members of the services team
- Up to 20% travel annually including regional travel to garner feedback from local teams
Requirements and Preferred Requirements:
- Proven experience in defining and deploying 'to be' best practice SM processes and in identifying solutions from a people, process and technology perspective
- Experienced with problem diagnosis, solution development, client communications, facilitation of decision making, documentation, managing client expectations and team leadership
- Extensive experience driving large scale, complex global change initiatives and programs to a successful implementation.
- Track record of successfully demonstrating the ability to translate business objectives, with the applied use of ServiceNow technology, in the context of the client’s environment
- Solid experience in requirements gathering, including experience in creating process documentation
- Demonstrated ability to influence and consult (providing options with pros, cons and risks) while providing thought leadership to sponsors/stakeholders in solving business process and/or technical problems
- Strong interpersonal skills, customer centric attitude, ability to deal with cultural diversity
- Ability to work with cross functional remote (virtual) groups
- Proven team player and team builder
- Experience as a product manager an advantage
- Minimum of 5+ years experience with leading SM toolsets such as ServiceNow, HP Service Desk, HP Service Manager, CA Service Desk, IBM TSRM/CCMDB and Remedy ARS
- Minimum of 5+ years of global process management experience
- Minimum of 5+ years of Professional Services experience, ideally within a leading consultancy company.
- Proficient in process management competences.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with strong presentation and facilitation skills (proficiency in Visio, Word and PowerPoint)
- A degree or equivalent, preferably in Information Technology
- Solid background in IT operational support or consulting, with experience in ITSM/ITIL process analysis and improvement
- ITIL V3 Foundation Certification required. ITIL Expert or Service Manager Certification preferred. Experience with other frameworks such as IT4IT, DevOps an advantage.
- BPM training/certification preferred