AkzoNobel is a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, with leading market positions and brands in countries around the world. We operate in a number of important market segments ranging from buildings and infrastructure to transport, industrial and consumer goods. We’re also the sector leader in sustainability and are number one in the renowned Dow Jones Sustainability Index. In practical terms, that means our sustainable solutions are in your lives, and those of your friends and family, every day. We’re the people that make it possible for you to do what you need to do.
AkzoNobel creates everyday essentials to make people's lives more livable and inspiring. As a leading global paints and coatings company and a major producer of specialty chemicals, we supply essential ingredients, essential protection and essential color to industries and consumers worldwide. Backed by a pioneering heritage, our innovative products and sustainable technologies are designed to meet the growing demands of our fast-changing planet, while making life easier. Headquartered in Amsterdam, the Netherlands, we have approximately 46,000 people in around 80 countries, while our portfolio includes well-known brands such as Sikkens, International, Interpon, Eka and Chemcraft.
In North America, 4,500 employees work at more than 50 locations to support the Performance Coatings and Specialty Chemicals Business Areas. Consistently ranked as a leader in sustainability, we are dedicated to energizing cities and communities while creating a protected, colorful world where life is improved by what we do.
This is a remote position that can be based out of any major city in the US; territory region encompasses Western United States
AkzoNobel Performance Coatings has an outstanding opportunity for a Services Manager in our Vehicle Refinishes division.
Key Objectives of the Job
The Services Manager leads a team of Service Consultants. This dedicated services team supports our external sales team by conducting business reviews and evaluations with nominated customers and distributors by providing both financial and operational analysis and recommendations. The team manages the implementation of all Acoat program activities for assigned areas. In addition, they are a critical component contributing to sales and profit target achievements and overall customer retention.
- Interacts with the Regional and National Management Team to develop and understand strategic direction and activities.
- Manages the Services Consultants and the implementation of all Acoat selected program activities for the assigned market.
- Provides leadership for Services and Marketing functions by integrating the departments into the strategy selection and implementation process to ensure plans are achieved.
- Identifies and creates competitive advantages to increase sales.
- Manages and coordinates sales promotions, regional events and company communication programs to promote company image and increase market share.
- Develops and manages annual Regional marketing budget to ensure compliance with company financial goals.
- Interview, hire, develop and appraise employees including the administration of rewards and discipline. Addresses complaints and resolves problems. Responsible for all aspects of talent management for the team.
- Successful alignment to customers – aligns perspective to the customer’s to ensure that the concerns of the customer are understood and addressed and overall customer satisfaction is achieved. Create and maintain client relationships through building trust and loyalty.
December 31, 2099
Full time/part time
Job requirements/Candidate profile
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree from four-year college or university required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- 5+ years of management experience required
- 5+ years of sales/service experience required
- Proven track record of developing a high-performing team
- Strong marketing/services skills and ability to teach / mentor service skills to a diverse team
- Ability to create energy and lead through example
- Coaching and mentoring for performance and career development
- Ability to build and nurture solid relationships to advance stakeholder satisfaction and professional influence
- Internal relationships and understanding stakeholder’s needs are critical. This position interacts closely with sales, technical services, strategic accounts team and the branch operations staff to meet or exceed customer expectations and drive results.
- Must operate within the context of our financial mandates and approval authority schedule.
As a leading coatings and specialty chemical company AkzoNobel is proud to offer a competitive compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the health, wellness and financial security of our employees and their families. Benefits include group medical, dental and vision coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and much more.
Employment at AkzoNobel is contingent upon the successful completion of both pre-employment background checks and drug screening. All candidates hired must be able to provide proper documentation of their eligibility to work in the US.