oin us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most meaningfully to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Job Description: That’s a cool job! I want it!
SERVICES – CONSULTANT SYSTEM ARCHITECT
As a member of the Services team at Splunk, you will be part of a fast-paced, award-winning team helping to build out our systems architecture service team. The team is responsible for designing systems architectures around the implementations in customer environments.
We are looking for applicants who love to design and integrate enterprise software solutions into complex environments. We need experts to help our customers design systems architectures that ensure optimization of Splunk in their environment. Our team in passionate about systems integration and application performance and optimization at scale. If this sounds like you, please reach out about opportunities to join our team.
This role presents an excellent opportunity for you to play a key role and establish himself or herself in an exciting, growing and premier enterprise technology company.
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!
- Customer facing role serving as Domain Expert on large scale and vertically integrated architecture solutions for Splunk enterprise deployments
- Develop and define processes and systems, ensuring the solutions will support integrated enterprise applications, infrastructure technology, and data
- Drive Splunk architecture solutions to be aligned with customer and system requirements
- Ensure Customer environments are designed with performance and optimization as a critical pillar of success
- Responsible for discovering and identifying any architectural inefficiency that can hinder the Splunk environment or impact time to value working with the broader team to provide solutions early during the solution, design, and construction phase.
- May define and design functional, technical, performance, and reliability solutions in line with client inferred requirements. Solves complex performance issues.
- Creates integrated migration strategies between legacy and future customer solutions
- Help Design and Build guidelines and standard methodologies around Splunk architectures
Requirements: I’ve already done that or have that!
Proven understanding of Data structures and designing highly available systems.
Ability to design & articulate enterprise architecture.
7+ years of IT industry related experience, preferably with a professional IT services company or software provider
Previous experience in application performance optimization, tuning, and/or triaging performance problems in both on-prem and cloud environment
Solid grasp of Cloud based application deployment architectures, at minimal AWS and Azure
Strong Java or Python, Linux, SQL and SPL (Splunk Search) languages.
Understanding of Microsoft Windows Platform
Good understanding of message bus integration technologies including JMS, Kafka, and Websphere MQ
Solid understanding of the application of multiple data storage technologies including MS SQL, Oracle RDBMS, MySQL, Mongo
Strong open systems application and infrastructure knowledge
Understanding of and experiencing applying information modeling techniques
Experience developing architectures where the capacity of routing and switching infrastructure are required for the success of the total solution
Experience with Switching and Routing, F5 or other load balancers, Firewalls, SSL, IPSec and VPN
Experience with network and system management solutions
Clear understanding of storage fundamentals and understanding/measuring storage performance at scale.
Experience building solutions under regulated for privacy and other data security requirements including SOX, PCI, HIPPA, NIST 800-53
Superb communication, critical thinking, analytical, and presentation skills
Education: I have that!
BA/BS preferred in computer science, computer engineering or equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus!
Other Requirements: Travel is required up to 30% of the time.