World Wide Technology, LLC. has an opportunity available for a Services Consultant to support our Public Sector SLED Team in Southern California area. This position will be focused on WWT's Services business by leading the services sales process for assigned accounts and regions, including development of our services business, scoping new work with clients, preparing budgets and pricing, creating and delivering proposals and statements of work, actively driving closure of opportunities with our account teams, and coordinating smooth transitions of awarded engagements from the sales phase to the service delivery phase.
- Increase Services profitability and revenue in assigned accounts and regions. Develop Services business in assigned accounts and regions with some support from other team members.
- Serve as the single point of contact for sales of Services for assigned accounts and regions
- Establish and maintain contact and develop strong business relationships with assigned clients.
- Conduct detailed requirements gathering and scoping sessions with clients and WWT stakeholders. Utilize Project Scoping Workshops when appropriate. Develop thorough and accurate scopes of work.
- Negotiate with WWT suppliers including OEMs and service delivery partners and subcontractors on scope, pricing, delivery methodology and approach.
- Create work break down structures, preliminary resourcing plans, cost estimates, and pricing for services engagements.
- Develop and present preliminary proposals as part of the scoping and services sales process.
- Work with any internal departments as needed to create services engagements that are set up for success, including PS Delivery, PS PMO, PS Partner Management, Strategic Sourcing, Management Consulting, Cyber Security, Legal & Compliance, Engineering, Supply Chain, Sales Operations, Business Development, SRC, Finance, etc.
- Work with the WWT Service Request Center (SRC) to ensure that SOW language and services pricing, hours, and travel budgets meet WWT standards.
- Develop and present statements of work that are accurate, detailed, and contractually protect WWT from "scope creep" and cost overruns.
- Upon award of an engagement, work with SRC, PS, Finance, and other teams if applicable to ensure that the engagement is set up accurately. Work with PS team to ensure that the engagement is transitioned smoothly from the sales phase and into the service delivery phase. Specifically, actively participate in internal project/program kickoffs with PS team members to explain scope, budget, and preliminary resourcing approach if applicable.
- Actively participate in customer-facing project/program kickoffs managed by PMs to explain and clarify the agreed upon objective, scope, and deliverables for the engagement.
- Understand structure of service delivery organizations and incorporate lessons learned into future engagements.
- Identify and develop additional services opportunities in the assigned accounts.
- Conduct difficult, customer-facing discussions to address significant scope changes. However, the Services Consultant is not responsible for managing the project change request process; this is primarily the responsibility the PS PMO or other service delivery organizations.
- Identify staffing opportunities and engage WWT Strategic Sourcing team members to pursue such opportunities.
- Actively participate in project/program closeout process to confirm client satisfaction with the completed engagement, to gather lessons learned and areas for improvement for future engagements, and to identify additional opportunities.
- BS, BA, or Master's degree
- Minimum 8-10 years of related experience defining and delivering large scale professional services engagements
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes in complex project/program scenarios with clients, partners, and WWT stakeholders
- Competency in analytical problem solving, customer/partner relationships, network products and technology expertise, project management, and strategic insight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel is on a consistent basis, anticipated at 25%-50% depending on assigned accounts/regions, primarily within the western US.