Why should you join the Public Sector team?
For more than 30 years, WWT has supported public sector clients by delivering innovative ideas and solutions that accelerate mission-critical outcomes. Our proven history of successful collaborations and long-standing, deep-rooted public-private partnerships has solidified WWT as the leading technology solution provider among today's government agencies. Our ongoing commitment to our partner ecosystem, combined with our ability to consistently deliver solutions that meet government agency requirements, is what makes us a vital and trusted partner.
What will you be doing?
The Services Consultant leads several of the pre-sales processes for our large and complex professional services opportunities. When a services opportunity is qualified, the Services Consultant leads the Intake, Scoping, Architecting, and Contracting phases of the services lifecycle. After an engagement is awarded to WWT, the Services Consultant co-leads the Initiation phase with a leader or leaders from the applicable services organizations, such as a Project Managers, Program Managers, Delivery Leads, Engagement Managers. The Services Consultant remains informed throughout the Service Delivery phase and is prepared to assist if needed.
- Support Federal Civilian sales teams with relevant and current WWT services knowledge to aid in pursuit decisions. Review opportunities to confirm that qualification standards have been met. Offer advice to the Sales team around related experience with similar engagements, feasibility of a particular type of engagement, and other insights that may influence the decision to pursue the opportunity. For opportunities that are not ready for pursuit, advise Sales team on how the opportunity could be re-shaped to better match WWT's capabilities. For pursuit opportunities, determine what departments and employees will be engaged for the next steps.
- Strong technical background to lead scope discussions to understand the client's business and technical objectives and constraints. Perform detailed discovery and requirements gathering. Engage WWT subject matter experts across all services lines of business to assist in scoping the solution.
- Participate in the opportunity review process, evaluating solutions for conformance to delivery standards in work breakdown structure (WBS), level of effort (LOE), and other criteria.
- Service Architecture. Determine internally how WWT will perform the services in scope. This phase includes preliminary timeline, resource planning, risk assessment, estimating and budgeting, preliminary proposal and SOW/contract development. Drive technical approach by engaging necessary technical resources to develop the WBS, resources required, and hours budgeted for the overall solution. Develop statements of work that are accurate, detailed, and contractually protect WWT from unfunded scope expansion and other risks.
- Present proposals and SOWs to clients. Revise scope, timeline, and fees based on client feedback. Balance winning business with creating engagements that optimized for successful and profitable delivery. Execute approved SOWs.
- Guide new engagements through internal setup and initiation processes with WWT internal teams, partners, and the customer.
- Service Delivery. Remain involved and aware of the status of engagements. Assist with scope clarification, scope changes, and other tasks when needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with WWT Sales and WWT Services stakeholders and other WWT departments and employees.
- Serve as the point of contact for Sales into the Services organization for new complex opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for additional business.
- When required, conduct what may be difficult client-facing discussions to address scope changes or issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience creating, defining, selling, and delivering large scale technology services engagements
- Understanding of Federal contracting process, requirements, and delivery
- Technical services background
- Presence and credibility with clients regarding technology services
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes in complex scenarios with clients, partners, and WWT stakeholders
- Ability to work successfully in a complex matrix organization
- Competency in analytical problem solving, customer/partner relationships, network products and technology expertise, project management, and strategic insight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Post-COVID-19, travel is anticipated at 25%-50% depending on assigned accounts or regions
- This role may require on-location work with WWT customers. Some customers may require WWT employees and contractors coming on-site to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and/or to receive frequent negative COVID-19 testing.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement