Are you tired of working for SN Partners on project after project without being able to really see the fruits of your labor over the long term? Do you feel like you are falling behind in your ServiceNow expertise because it's been so long since you've been able to really dig into a development project? Do you wish you could be part of a small team where you can get visibility into everything going on and a company where your efforts will make a huge impact?
Percona is seeking a seriously experienced ServiceNow Lead/Principal Engineer to join us in managing our overall ServiceNow platform as well our team of SN engineers. We use ServiceNow to deliver service to our customers using the CSM and ITSM SN applications. You'll have a chance to make significant improvements to the delivery efficiency of Percona Global Services as a whole, work on plenty of customizations, and dig into features and functionality we haven't tapped into yet.
Your mission will be to manage ServiceNow at Percona in its entirety. This includes being the resident technical expert, managing our other technical resources, and interfacing with the other teams in Percona using ServiceNow as their primary tool.
What You Will Do - Staff Leadership
- Manage a small team of SN Engineers
- Provide technical mentoring and development
- Oversee all SN instance development
- Bring strong player-coach mentality
- Develop resourcing plans and evaluate hiring and/or SN partner needs
What You Will Do - Technology Management
- Set best practices and policies for SN development and instance standards
- Champion and implement automated instance testing
- Stay up to date on ServiceNow, manage which features we use, balance configuration vs customization
- Manage our vendor relationship with ServiceNow
- Ensure ServiceNow is well integrated with other Percona software
- Provide expertise in managing data integration, synchronization, API development, and security between multiple systems
What You Will Do - Projects and Development
- Manage development roadmap and competing priorities
- Work closely with Business Analyst to gather requirements, process map, and ensure business goals are met
- Develop and maintain solid working relationships with our internal customers
- Plan and schedule sprints
- Take your share of the implementation work
- Provide internal SN platform support to Percona staff, leverage IT Service Desk team to offload more routine tasks and help.
- Dig into complex defects and instance performance issues
What You Have Done
- 3+ years ServiceNow Experience
- SN ITSM, CSM applications
- Performance Analytics, reporting and dashboarding
- Service Portal customization, custom widget development
- Scoped application development
- Client scripts, Scheduled Jobs, Scripted REST APIs, Custom ACL scripts and Query BRs
- Integrations with other software systems, data synchronization flow into and out of ServiceNow
- Excellent client relationship skills, able to partner with customers to meet business needs with technical realities
- technical team lead experience
- Strong English verbal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a fully-remote environment
- Based in US/Americas time zones
Percona is a respected thought leader in the open source community. We provide services and software for MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL and MariaDB to open source users globally.
Percona is remote-first and globally dispersed; we have colleagues in more than 40 countries. We offer a collaborative, highly-engaged culture where your ideas are welcome and your voice is heard. The growth and development of our staff is a top priority; we provide funding for training, certifications, conferences and more.
Discover what it means to work with some of the smartest people in the industry, who also know how to have fun and are always willing to lend a helping hand. We offer flexible hours, the ability to work remotely and the amazing experience of working with a multinational team of experts.