The ServiceNow Lead Developer is a subject matter expert (SME) and technical advisor on the ServiceNow platform, ITSM and ITBM solution. Defines requirements, designs, develops and implements ServiceNow technical solutions, complex system configuration, development of custom features and enhancements, and complex report and database query development. Manages end-to-end implementations, provides expert level of support and technical mentoring to developers. This is a customer facing hands-on Lead Consultant and Developer role.
- Gathers and documents user and process requirements, functional requirements, and develops technical requirements.
- Develops workflow customizations and supports Service transformation teams.
- Recognized as subject matter expert for multiple applications includes ITSM and ITBM, development platforms, development tools or technologies.
- Serves in an Architect role and performs hands-on development.
- Maintains a solid understanding of the ServiceNow platform, ITBM and ITSM functionality.
- Communicates impact of issues to senior IT and BU management.
- Collaborates with other IT functions to design solutions for complex problems and understands end-to-end business processes.
- Designs and develops integration solutions, data migration strategies and tools.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, serves as a mentor to team members and leads a development team as part of a larger project.
- 10+ years of ITSM and 6+ years of ServiceNow experience.
- ServiceNow Implementation Specialist certification.
- Solid understanding of ServiceNow functionality and how all ITIL processes can be implemented in ServiceNow. This includes, but is not limited to Incident Management, Change Management, Problem, Asset Management, CMDB Management, Service Catalog, ITBM, and Problem Management modules.
- Extensive ServiceNow tool customization, development and implementation experience.
- Must have successfully completed 10+ ServiceNow enterprise grade implementations.
- Proficient with enhancements/defects in ServiceNow modules and integrating ServiceNow.
- Hands on experience with multiple development tools such as JAVA Script, XML, HTML, AJAX, CSS, HTTP, ODBC.
- Strong technical knowledge of ServiceNow tool OOB (out of the box) concepts including Client Scripts, Ul Policy, Ul Actions, Business Rule, etc.
- Strong business analytical and communication skills.
- Expert in ServiceNow industry best practices processes and a solid understanding of industry standards for application and data security with emphasis on ITIL best practices.
- Demonstrated ability working in a collaborative team environment setting priorities and achieving results.