DHA is looking for a ServiceNow Engineer to support a dynamic customer in Crystal City, VA. This position requires an active Top Secret Clearance.
· Ability to support issues impacting ServiceNow or its related systems within the client's enterprise
· A development background that will be enhanced by ServiceNow System Administration, ServiceNow Advanced System Administration, Scripting in ServiceNow, and Application Creation in ServiceNow.
· Experience in Enterprise and/or IT Service Management, Advanced System Administration, database design schemas and data modeling.
· An in-depth understanding of the technology associated with operating a service or platform in the cloud, including datacenters, systems, networks, load balancers, applications, and relational databases.
· Experience integrating ServiceNow with third party tools.
· Experience with workflow automation.
· Excellent understanding of ITIL processes.
Summary Position Description:
· Perform day-to-day support and maintenance of the ServiceNow platform.
· Monitor health, usage and overall compliance of the ServiceNow platform.
· Recommend teams on design, development and overall ServiceNow best practices.
· Create and configure Business Rules, UI Policies, UI Actions, Client Scripts and ACLs including advanced scripting of each.
· Develop ServiceNow software solutions using scripting languages.
· Work with functional and administrator teams to deliver automated workflow solutions in ServiceNow.
· Develop systems integrations and process automation; Identify opportunities to leverage automation.
· Lead the architecture, implementation and administration of ServiceNow and other tools and processes resulting in cheaper, faster and standardized configuration of servers, processes and software
· The candidate will be the ServiceNow Subject Matter expert responsible for the configuration/customization of an existing ServiceNow system, including creating workflows, build service requests from customer requirements, request items and tasks using workflows to manage data flows from the customer to the support teams providing the service.
· The candidate is responsible for effective engineering of Service Now modules, oversight of installation/configuration, and test- planning of systems and software related to Service Now.
· The successful candidate will have experience with project and engineering lifecycle principles, translating requirements into functional and technical solutions, application implementation and support, enterprise monitoring, specific expertise with Service Now design and customization, and familiarity with technology specific best practices and standards.
· Lead the planning and implementation of the ServiceNow platform across multiple client organizations.
· Provide technical leadership to delivery teams. Design solution architectures, implement technical features, extend the platform, and migrate from legacy ITSM tools.
· Knowledge of scripting tools and ServiceNow functionality to create script to automate tasks being done in ServiceNow, perform integrations and process automation using ServiceNow Orchestration
· Create requirements definitions and technical specifications documentation plus load, manipulate and maintain data between Service-now and other systems.
· Develop and implement enterprise IT tools to support an IT managed service delivery approach.
· Focus on continual service improvement to increase efficiency and cost optimization of services, and IT service delivery processes.
· Provide technical direction and engineering knowledge in support of planning, designing, developing, testing, installing, and maintaining systems monitoring and management services.
· Manage data generated by the IT enterprise tools that generate tickets assigned to engineers for resolution and document IT issues for root cause analysis and lessons learned.
· Represent the program's technical interests with partners, suppliers, industry associations, and government entities to ensure the flow of technical information and best practices.
· 5+ years of ServiceNow Development experience with the entire ServiceNow toolset and integrations with related systems
· Ability to develop, maintain and enhance custom-built applications on the ServiceNow platform.
· Experience in developing templates, workflows and web forms • Experience with supporting clients in ServiceNow operations like User/ Group administration, reporting, Metrics, SLAs, etc.
Top 3 skills:
Desired Years of experience: 4 to 5 years
Desired Education: BSc
Other Preferred Skills/ Attributes: Agile, DevOPS