ServiceNow Development Engineer
Our client, a major manufacturer and retailer is seeking their ServiceNow Development Engineer to work together with the IT Service Management team to define, analyze, and document user technical requirements for workflow and screen form configuration of ServiceNow modules. Use the built-in tools in ServiceNow to create and edit workflows, forms and UI elements and create appropriate user documentation to support those configurations. Support the development and configuration of a number of areas including, Incident Management, Service Catalog, Change Management, Problem Management, Knowledge Management, Asset Management, Configuration Management, ESS Portal and Reporting.
- Participates in all functional and technical aspects of ServiceNow solution delivery including workflow configuration, UI configuration and development of associated reporting based on workflow and screen designs.
- Prepares and implements all deliverables for interface and workflow design and cooperates with QA Automation engineer to develop test plans for all designs and changes.
- Consults process owners with solution implementation.
- Role will be accountable for working with multiple internal departments in delivering enterprise automation solutions.
- Conduct POCs to demo new ideas and help solidify technical direction.
- Work with internal as well as external resources to achieve project goals.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 4+ years of experience implementing configuration and customizations of ServiceNow, including the ability to edit and create work flows.
- 4+ years of script development (ServiceNow, shell scripts, test automation)
- COTS integration via ServiceNow API (i.e. monitoring, email).
- 5+ years Web Services Integration (REST, SOAP and JSON).
- 4+ years of experience in test-driven development environments.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is required.
- ITIL 2011 Foundation (or above) certification.
- Required qualifications in one or more of the following: Scripting in ServiceNow, Application Creation in ServiceNow, ServiceNow Certified Application Developer.
- Experience in development and implementation of ITSM/ITIL-based software solutions
- Strong background in requirements gathering and analysis, technical design, SDLC/scrum, and leading technical implementation of ITSM and related solutions.
The ITSM ServiceNow Development Engineer position is primarily focused on developing and editing workflows in ServiceNow, creating and editing UI/forms and writing the occasional automation script.