PetSmart’s ServiceNow Development Team is in the middle of refining the processes around the core ITOM suite – Incident, Problem, and Change. The 2018 roadmap includes:
- Expanding our Service Catalog and Request Management processes.
- Request Management Automation including enhancing onboarding and offboarding processes.
- Maturing our CMDB.
- Migrating Asset Management to our current Production environment.
The ideal candidate will have significant ITOM experience including not only the technical aptitude, but also the business logic. Ideally, the candidate has spent some time working as a contractor and has been exposed to several different ServiceNow installations and how ServiceNow has been leveraged to meet business needs in a variety of ways. The candidate should understand ServiceNow best practice and should be able to clearly articulate how to build a solution in ServiceNow using those best practice.
- Generally, this position will focus on designing and delivering technical solutions that are developed on the ServiceNow platform. Support the development and configuration of many areas including, Incident, Service Catalog, Change, Problem, Knowledge, Asset Management and Configuration Management.
- Providing software configuration and customization including, but not limited to: screen tailoring, workflow administration, report setup, data imports, integration, custom scripting and third-party software integrations.
- Determines ITSM application and reporting needs in collaboration with stakeholders; develops and designs appropriate applications and reports.
- Identifies, configures, tests and troubleshoots complex problems, performs root cause analysis and provides forward thinking long term technical solutions.
- Designs and implements integration components.
- Develops and designs complex Service Catalog items, variables and workflows.
- Develops technical documentation.
- Researches and implements complex new functionalities.
- Coaches and trains Service Now stakeholders.
- Analyzes existing tools and evaluates viability of solution to technological needs; provides recommendations to management.
- Analyzes and identifies trends with a focus on Continuous Strategic Improvement (CSI) and leads initiatives.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors or other customers by answering questions related to ITSM processes, procedures and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Experience should include scripting, tool configuration, design work, technical configuration, and deployment. Specifically, candidates shall possess the skill to develop on the ServiceNow platform including the creation and/or customization of the core applications such as Incident, Problem, Change, and Service Request.
- Executing advanced scripting of business rules, UI Policies, Client Scripts, ACLs, Workflow Activities, etc
- Demonstrated experience with web applications, networks, protocols and email is needed.
- Knowledge of relational databases is required.
- Understanding of enterprise IT architecture is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying complex problems, reviewing information to develop and evaluate options then implementing solutions is essential.
- Proven ability to create and implement innovative reporting is necessary.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks concurrently, while making timely and sound decisions is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well both independently and in a team, is essential.
- In addition, organizational and problem-solving skills, a can-do attitude and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect and upholding Company values are key attributes. Positive attitude and solid work ethic.
Experience and Education
- This position requires a Bachelor's Degree or four years of IT work experience may be substituted.
- A minimum of 5 years applications development experience is required.
- A minimum of 3 years ServiceNow experience is required.
- ServiceNow System Administrator Certification is required.
- ServiceNow Developer Certification, ITIL Foundation Level certification, and ServiceNow ITOM Implementation Specialist Certification is a plus.
- Having a ServiceNow-focused Github portfolio is preferred.
- Prior attendance at a ServiceNow Knowledge Conference is preferred.