ServiceNow Developer for U.S. Government Client- McLean, VA
Preferred Systems Solutions, Inc. (PSS) is a recognized leader in solving the toughest management and technology problems of our defense and intelligence community. We are looking for innovators that can dream, design and build technologies/products to help support national security missions.
That’s where you come in.
As a ServiceNow Developer supporting our Intelligence Community (IC) client, responsibilities include:
- Delivering products and services defined throughout the life cycle of the project and resolve post-production deficiencies.
- Managing and participate in designing and developing ServiceNow Workflow, Business Rules, Dashboards, Script Includes, Notifications, Integration, Content Management System (CMS), and ITSM Modules, including Incident Events, Problem Management, Change Management, Knowledge Management Database / Known Error Database (KMDB / KEDB), Request Management, Service Catalog, Asset Management, Configuration Management Database (CMDB), Human Resources Service Management (HRSM), and other ServiceNow modules, as required.
- Requirements elicitation, design, development, testing, training, and implementation support
- Managing the ServiceNow solution design, development, testing, and go-live support
- Transitioning legacy platforms to ServiceNow
- Understanding the business context and how to translate business and functional requirements into a sustainable ServiceNow implementation
- Working with project resources to define sustainment governance and processes as part of operational transition
- Providing insight and expertise into the ServiceNow platform capabilities and roadmap
- Working with technical subject-matter experts (SMEs) to identify and refine data requirements
- Working closely with the ServiceNow technical team to convert requirements into design and migration steps
- Working with customer SMEs and senior leadership to ensure systems requirements are met
- TS/SCI clearance with poly
- 13 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
- Good problem solver and out of the box thinker
- Familiarity with systems integration utilizing web services and other web-based technologies
- 5+ Years of experience as a Business Analyst / Architect for development and implementation projects
- 5+ Years of experience performing ServiceNow analysis, architecture, and application development or similar responsibility
- 5+ Years of hands-on experience with ServiceNow components, such as Change Management, Service Catalog, Incident Management, Problem Management, Asset Management, Release Management, CMDB, Knowledge Management, Self-Service Portal, etc.
- 9+ Years of experience performing change management
- Prior experience participating in the full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), including analysis, design, coding, testing, and promotion into production
- Excellent knowledge of ServiceNow best practices and ongoing knowledge of the latest ServiceNow features
- Knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies, such as Java scripting, XML, HTML, Ajax, CSS, JSON, Perl, Apache Jelly, jQuery, AngularJS, etc.
- Experience in building custom applications in ServiceNow by defining data tables and user interface based on business logic
- Experience in customer application development and integration on ServiceNow platform, including UI development with web technologies, such as DOM and HTML
- Experience with relational databases, such as MySQL and Oracle
- Intermediate to senior level experience in CMS, Service Catalog, Service Portal, and widget customization
- Experience in technical writing for requirements, design, testing, training, and project management documents
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Application Developer
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist
Benefits You’ll Enjoy
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance coverage (company paid premiums)
- Generous Leave
- 401k with 100% immediate vest in the plan
- $7,500 referral bonus for fully-cleared candidates
- Tuition/training assistance and Technology Allowance
What Employees Say
“Exceptional people to work with on a daily basis.”
“Very good pay and monthly organized fun events for employees”
Engage Your Expertise
We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities. Join us at PSS, where your mission is ours.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
Minorities and Veterans encouraged to apply!
PSS is committed to the diversity we bring to the marketplace by being an EEOC/AA employer who is committed to hiring a diverse team of professionals to provide world class services and products aimed at exceeding our customer’s expectations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. PSS is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.