CGI Federal has an exciting opportunity for a ServiceNow Applications Developer for a project with a large federal client. You will work with a motivated CIO shop that is passionate about Agile development and is eager to improve its process and mission efficiency. You will experience true teamwork by being part of a high-performing Agile team, working side-by-side with the client's product owners to rapidly deliver the benefits of COTS software with limited technical debt. You will also have an opportunity to learn and gain hands-on experience implementing ServiceNow - a Gartner magic quadrant tool LEADER - with deployments growing exponentially in the federal and commercial spaces (ServiceNow training offered to qualified and vetted pipeline members). You will gain valuable digital transformation experience for upcoming client use cases, projects and contract awards and will also work on the most cutting-edge IT solution at this customer.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
- Designs, develops, enhances, debugs and implements software.
- Troubleshoots production problems related to software applications.
- Researches, tests, builds and coordinates the conversion and/or integration of new products based on client requirements.
- Designs and develops new software products or major enhancements to existing software.
- Evaluates effectiveness.
- Addresses problems of systems integration, compatibility and multiple platforms.
- Consults with project teams and end users to identify application requirements.
- Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- Assists in the evaluation and recommendation of application software packages, application integration and testing tools.
- Resolves problems with software and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements.
- Acts as team leader on projects.
- Instructs, assigns, directs and checks the work of others on the development team.
- Participates in development of software user manuals and technical reports.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Experience developing web-based applications
- ServiceNow experience
- ServiceNow Certification
- Experience with ServiceNow PPM Suite
- Experience testing web based applications – both manual and automated
- Experience with functional, regression and load/performance testing
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Prior experience working for/on federal client sites
Position ID: J0318-0341