We are looking for an Engineer, to join our Services organization, at our headquarters in Conklin, NY. This engineer will primarily be responsible for: serviceability and reliability assessments, service documentation development and maintenance, ensuring proper diagnostics for troubleshooting and technical support, field service readiness to perform preventative maintenance and other related services for the customer, and new product development, sustaining, and manufacturing project support from a serviceability standpoint.
In addition, this individual will:
- Act as a liaison between service representatives in the field and our internal partners to resolve current issues and avoid potential problems on future products.
- Follow appropriate complaint handling procedures, review quality data and key performance indicators relating to the various product lines and drive corrective action when required.
- Resolve escalated internal and external customer technical support issues on all products and complete all necessary steps to ensure correct information is provided and technical issue is resolved.
- Analyze break-fix data to identify top field issues and part replacements and recommend proper solutions to address including but not limited to proactive field notifications, proactive field replacements, etc., perform failure analysis to identify root cause, supplier issue and implement closed loop corrective action.
- Design effective customer survey for Tech Support, Field Service, Parts, etc., analyze the results, generate insights, craft actions and drive improvements.
- Design KPIs for Services including but not limited to # of open issues, time to resolve, # of dispatches, repeat dispatches, cost per dispatch, customer satisfaction, etc.,
- Implement an effective escalation process, contain issues and engage cross-functional teams as necessary for resolution.
- Identify and design requirements to certify partners and customers to self-maintain and performance certain services.
- Knowledge in equipment software capabilities; build requirements to apply the software for proactive & predictive services (proactive part replacement, predictive failures), preventative maintenance, capturing machine performance to measure the throughput, defects, changeover times and generate reports with recommendations for customer to take action to drive improvements.
- Design and generate reports for equipment assessment, equipment performance, preventative maintenance, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering (Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial).
- 5+ years’ experience in a service, sustaining, development, or quality engineering role is preferred.
- Excellent organization, oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at times outside “normal business hours”) and travel as required.
- Demonstrated mechanical, electrical and computer troubleshooting skills.
What you need to be successful:
- Ability to participate in product development, design for product maintenance, support, diagnostics, field readiness for new product and sustaining existing product.
- Ability to provide requirements to engineering during product development to build effective diagnostics, preventative maintenance, product assessment to improve performance and other essential services to drive customer success.
- Familiarity with electrical or mechanical procedures for the products purchased.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently without close supervision
- Skilled in effectively resolving and communicating technical issues via telephone.
- Experience in the technology or electronics capital equipment industry preferred.
- Familiarization with Microsoft applications, SAP, Lotus Notes and CREO (CAD software) is preferred.
- Experience working in global teams, leading and managing cross-functional projects is strongly preferred.
Responsibility for Quality Procedures or Direct Product Quality:
- Adheres to Universal Quality System policies and procedures and uses Total Cycle Time principles and standard problem solving tools to continuously improve work processes.
- Requires the ability to use a computer on a frequent basis
- May have to remain stationary for extended periods, but also needs to be mobile enough to navigate through work areas
- Requires the ability to communicate clearly in giving presentations
- Must be able to communicate clearly with fellow workers and customers
- The ability to travel as required