Description: Manages a large unit or multiple units providing ambulatory services. Ensures staff provides high quality, accessible, cost effective care, and patient focused services to members across the continuum, which comply with local, state, and federal requirements. Develops and maintains budgets and on-going staff development.
- Manages the operations of a large unit or multiple units in an outpatient facility.
- Ensures Assistants and staff provide the highest quality of care and are in compliance with The Joint Commission, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Collaborates with physicians and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members and internal clients expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Designs and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Develops and monitors budgets and resource allocations.
- Monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Determines the appropriate staff mix for department and develops processes to screen, interview, hire, train, and maintain the competency of all department staff.
- Provides on going staff development.
- Develops, implements, and monitors departmental policies and procedures which support the organizations goals and business objectives and ensures they are met.
- Collaborates with Physician Team Leader and Department Chief in developing the level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manages and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Kaiser Permanente conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, Kaiser Permanente reserves the right to reevaluate and change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in management/leadership roles required.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Bachelor's degree required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Knowledge of The Joint Commission, and other local, state, federal regulations.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Minimum three (3) years) of experience in an outpatient care setting.
- Master's degree preferred.
- BLS certification preferred.
Job Number: 619378