The Service Unit Director of RN-Outpatient Surgical Services, in conjunction with Chiefs of Service, directs, coordinates, facilitates, leads, and evaluates ambulatory patient care services. Oversees staff, ensures compliance with regulatory compliance, consults on patient care issues, and manages the budget.
Essential Responsibilities: * Directs development and implementation of quality and utilization standards for ambulatory services. Ensures coordinated plans of treatment, customer focused delivery of services and cost effective utilization of resources and services.
- In conjunction with Chiefs of Service manages the daily operations of the ambulatory services.
- Designs and implements policies, procedures, protocols, efficient program outcomes, and timely provision of support to TPMG providers.
- Directs the budget and resource allocations and manages the financial performance. Identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care services.
- Interprets and facilitates the application of Nursing Scope of Practice within ambulatory services, which includes making skill-mix decisions based on needs, service, financial considerations, and legal constraints.
- Directs and resolves human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Coordinates and monitors the quality improvement program for nursing services.
- Develops and implement new programs or best practices and strategies which improve the quality of care and services and reduces costs.
- Develops and presents training programs.
- Utilizes research data to implement clinical changes and the delivery of patient care and member services. Ensures compliance with federal, state, local and other regulatory requirements.
Experience * Minimum seven (7) years of nursing experience in patient care.
- Minimum five (5) years of management experience required.
Education * Bachelor's degree in nursing or health care required.
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing.
License, Certification, Registration * Current California RN license required.
Additional Requirements: * Demonstrated human relations and labor relations experience.
- Demonstration of nursing administration experience in an ambulatory setting.
- Knowledge of Nurse Practice Act, NCQA, and other local, state, and federal regulations.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
Preferred Qualifications: * Master's degree preferred.
Req ID: VS894550